Go Petrol Station - Carrickfergus

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Has anyone been to this yet, think the names Go anyway. All automated petrol pumps, no staff and the prices are alot cheaper.

Dad was down the other night and deisel was 118.9 which I thought was good. He also mentioned that he spotted 'High Octane - Super' so might take a run down tonight ...

Just wnated to know has anyone been and do they do super unleaded?

Chris

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
derv was 113 on sunday when i went down... its very good... nice blondie works there also :p Giggity! and you get a free air freshener :grinning:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
yeah, SUL is 119.9 - haven't checked it out yet though. Same price as Sainsburys.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
The one in cookstown used to be way cheaper than everywhere else, now it's not worth the drive - I can only assume they've gotten greedy.

Leeroy

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon MK1
Ive been useing the super sence it opened car seams to run just as well as BPs super and get a few more mile to a tank as its cheaper :grinning:

aaron_m

RMS Regular
Has anyone been to this yet, think the names Go anyway. All automated petrol pumps, no staff and the prices are alot cheaper.

Dad was down the other night and deisel was 118.9 which I thought was good. He also mentioned that he spotted 'High Octane - Super' so might take a run down tonight ...

Just wnated to know has anyone been and do they do super unleaded?

Chris

Must have been the Super price he was looking at as diesel was 113.9 at the weekend but is now up to 114.9. Used it on Friday past, no queue like Asda and 2p cheaper at the minute. As long as it stays like that i will use it as i am passing every day. Dead handy just to put your card in, fill and go. Super is 119.9 today.

brendy

RMS Regular
The one in cookstown used to be way cheaper than everywhere else, now it's not worth the drive - I can only assume they've gotten greedy.
I would have used it if I was near, now its only a penny cheaper or something which when you consider the overheads they are saving.... reeks of greed too.

To be honest, if it wasnt for the fact the government constantly use fuel as a cash cow, we should still only be paying 70-80p a litre.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
If you knew how much that site in Cookstown cost then you could understand! I do agree they used to be much cheaper but I guess they couldn't sustain it tbh!

mattblair

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaggggggg
I heard they have a ribina pump there too, although with the amount of cameras on the back wall, it's probably quite risky to say the least!

andy3k9

RMS Regular
Drives
honda ek9
they do super but iirc it's bioethanol mixed, like the maxol e5 stuff, not sure whether that's a good thing or not....

Carnut44

RMS Regular
Ran by LCC, lissan coal company as far as im aware. They are a good job. Never had a problem with any fuel bought from Go in Cookstown.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I've been there about 10 times. Free air freshener every time.

Really saves money when you're filling up a 100 litre tank every few days.

Even the 1p difference between it and the BP Garage means a difference of nearly £1 per fill.

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
I would have used it if I was near, now its only a penny cheaper or something which when you consider the overheads they are saving.... reeks of greed too.

If you only realised how much the site in Cookstown actually cost, how much bother/cost was involved in obtaining the license in order to sell fuel unaided as this was the first station of its kind in the area and the cost of the 24 hour security surveillance (which I used to monitor) then you would realise that the overheads are actually allot more than what meets the eye.

My first post...o yes!...lol

Lappin

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi RS3
[/quote]If you only realised how much the site in Cookstown actually cost, how much bother/cost was involved in obtaining the license in order to sell fuel unaided as this was the first station of its kind in the area and the cost of the 24 hour security surveillance (which I used to monitor) then you would realise that the overheads are actually allot more than what meets the eye.

My first post...o yes!...lol[/quote]

and what a load of shoite it was, welcome along gavy boy roy (y)

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
So its basically the same as the Tesco Pay at Pump jobbies but without the shop part and no staff.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
A lot of these places in Europe, especially when I go to Sweden, good to see them over here now as they are quick and easy to use without having to wait in huge queues

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Another question, why is fuel always priced 119.9p or 113.9p? Why not just £1.20 or £1.14?

Im aware the difference across the board of that £0.001 in the whole of the UK would be millions of pounds but why is it never a round number?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.