Belfast Motor Show 2014, Kings Hall

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Got a pm from them on facebook on monday telling me how i can enter the "show your motor" part of the event. Followed the steps on the website and was told i would hear back within 48 hours.

GarethM

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 200 Cup
I won free tickets on facebook so I'll give it a go ;-).

I went to the one years ago when Russ Swift was there and I thought it was good but as ya get older it changes somewhat I guess

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
^ was at that one as well. The organiser lost over 100k if I recall correctly that day.

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
So is it a show with a show and shine that we can enter

would be nice to stand inside and talk crap for once instead of out in a windy cold carpark

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
i just noticed its £25 for the two days and "show your motor" section will be outside. Seems to not be working atm either, but that might just be my computer in work

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Is there not going to be any local cars / clubs inside?? Or only Traders etc?

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
All outside according to the website. Same for car clubs except if your on a club stand its only £20

If successful you will be required to provide further information including insurance, car registration and entry fee. Fee for individuals includes space outdoor for your motor and admission for two days - £25.00

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
So you need to leave your car out doors, over night. If in the show/stand

seems that way... i would imagine there is security etc but i could understand why some people would not be interested due to that

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Just cant see any of the more tasty exotic cars or classics fancying that idea at all i am afraid. Especially the trailer queen show cars

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
If local show cars are outside, what's inside? it's a big hall.... Is the £25 the entry fee for show cars?? and £20 if on a club stand?

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
All outside according to the website. Same for car clubs except if your on a club stand its only £20

If successful you will be required to provide further information including insurance, car registration and entry fee. Fee for individuals includes space outdoor for your motor and admission for two days - £25.00

So you have to provide your own insurance for your own car and pay in. I'm sorry, but if I paid to put my car on show to benefit your event, you can be sure id be expecting you to cover it should something go wrong.

I could understand that for a small club event, but not a "national motor show" as a display. Trader yes, public liability, but not for static display.

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
just got a pm from them on fb to say i would hear back later today so will see what info they give me then

GarethM

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 200 Cup
If there where a few stands and other lads from RMS going it would make it worth while for me who is going free of charge anyway :p

Would love to show the BM but don't really think its worthy enough, would have been all over that with my EP3

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
10 yrs on and it seems the same old issue of having to pay to display your own car at a show (which is fully dependent on cars being there to make a profit) is still rearing its head. Do these show organisers never learn? Charge door entry, traders and merchandise by all means, but the people displaying their cars and thus facilitating your show should not be charged.

We ran a large RMS 10th anniversary show at J1 and only asked for voluntary charity donations from anyone displaying.

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
10 yrs on and it seems the same old issue of having to pay to display your own car at a show (which is fully dependent on cars being there to make a profit) is still rearing its head. Do these show organisers never learn? Charge door entry, traders and merchandise by all means, but the people displaying their cars and thus facilitating your show should not be charged.

We ran a large RMS 10th anniversary show at J1 and only asked for voluntary charity donations from anyone displaying.
£10 per car from memory of which EVERY PENNY went to arthritis care NI

on top of that the first 300 cars got a goodie bag filled with stuff donated that was worth more than a tenner !

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
where is this advertised

Belfast Motor Show
Coming to Belfast Kings Hall Complex, 26-27th July 2014

The Belfast Motor Show is racing to Belfast in 2014. Passionate about Cars, Bikes, Vans, Motor homes, new, used, modified or vintage? This is the unique and exclusive motoring event for you.

Everything you could possibly rev your engine to, all under one roof, as we bring back the motoring experience with both enthusiasm and excitement for the launch of a rare motoring event promising to impress and revive Northern Ireland’s love for all things motor related. An auto show like no other, the Belfast Motor Show.

It’s been years since the people of Belfast and Northern Ireland had a motor show to look forward to, for many the mention creates fond memories of past shows where their worship of motoring began, and with the Belfast Motor Show we plan to create new memories and new passions for all ages.

Expect an action packed weekend with all aspects of motoring under one roof and a full programme including exhibitions, motoring experts, demonstrations, celebrity guest appearances, hands on fun, entertainment, stunts and so much more. Be prepared to get your hands dirty.

The Belfast Motor Show provides the perfect showcase for your company, products and services with this spectacular upcoming annual show. If you are interested in exhibiting, to put your business in the driving seat and out to an extraordinary motor audience, please contact us for our media pack.

Big things are coming..will you be behind the wheel?

Belfast Motor Show
info@belfastmotorshow.co.uk

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
£10 per car from memory of which EVERY PENNY went to arthritis care NI

on top of that the first 300 cars got a goodie bag filled with stuff donated that was worth more than a tenner !

Yup still have my RMS t-shirt8-|

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.