Liquid Wrap Range Now Available From Paints & Components Ltd

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
That is awesome mate! :grinning:

Get some good pics of it...

Last edited:

neoflare

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CRZ-GT
Thanks well chuffed at it. Could do with some finishing touches should have got a spray can when I was last there to touch it up

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
IMG_3054[1].JPG
@tomah I dont have a pic of the shuts, but if you look through the glass we have them done too, and the undersides of the doors etc

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
The only thing stopping me doing this is that I've got a couple of small dents and I'd say when I go Matt with the colour it'll show them up far worse than the metallic silver :oops:

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
@2.2_Coupe
I was just wondering because a lot of the YouTube Plastidip videos seem to just do the outside, and I imagine the shuts are always left because of the hassle to either remove the doors or tape up the door space.

pmk

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 8 AI400
Bought a set of wheels that I didn't like the colour of so decided to give them a quick blast of the gun metal. Was very easy to work with and the only prep work I done was to wash them as this is only done as a temporary measure to make sure they fitted properly before getting them refurbished.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Bought a set of wheels that I didn't like the colour of so decided to give them a quick blast of the gun metal. Was very easy to work with and the only prep work I done was to wash them as this is only done as a temporary measure to make sure they fitted properly before getting them refurbished.

Great job there @pmk , they look really well!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Interested to see how removing it goes for you guys. Have seen a few pictures of it lifting paint with it when removed if it isn't mixed properly.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Interested to see how removing it goes for you guys. Have seen a few pictures of it lifting paint with it when removed if it isn't mixed properly.
You don't mix this stuff as far I know.

The Plasti-Dip product needs mixed, but the Frost Liquid Wrap product we sell does not need mixed with a thinner.

All reports I have heard on Frost is that it comes off 100% with no damage to lacquer or paint.

clio_craig

RMS Regular
Drives
Renault clio
Exactly what I'm thinking! How easy is it too use? and how much would it take to do 4 wheels? Pm me if you like!

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport

@clio_craig Looks well to me. Plus it's very easy to do compared to refurbish by paint

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
depends how the quality of the paint was in the first place. you stick vinyl on poor paint, i.e peeling laquer etc its going to lift when you lift it off. Ive had to remove the paint from the front bumper due to my boss driving into it ffs!!

@neoflare looks mint, seen it on instagram.

pablo

RMS Moderator

how many cans to do the wheels? excellent job

pmk

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 8 AI400
how many cans to do the wheels? excellent job

Pablo, I only used roughly 2 1/2 cans as this is not going to be permanent for me. Kept some as I'm still to spray a set of centre caps I got for the wheels. Depending on the style of wheels 3-4 cans would leave them with a very good finish.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Wheels are a bit awesome there.

Can you get a silver in this?

I assume if there are any marks at all in the original surface, they will show up when the wrap is applied? As per painting?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.