Wheels or Tyres: 5x 18" Audi Fat Five Alloys

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I have for sale a set of 5 genuine Audi Fat Five wheels made by Ronal. They are 18", 8.5" wide and ET45. From memory all have a little kerbing. Come with tyres too, but they are A8 sized so 255/45/18.

No photos at present, but I can get some at the weekend for any interested parties.

£400 ono

To give you an idea;

7111d1333161426-rare*-audi-fat-fives-5x112-vw-tires-3676059956_ec8c09d1aa.jpg

5716rear_d_side.jpg

a4b7_31.jpg

It genuinely breaks my heart a little selling these as I always wanted a set, but I don't think they'd look right on my Golf when I take the springs out so no point in keeping them!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'm not sure Brian! I can't find any photos of them on a Mk5 st standard height, and I don't want to go to the hassle of fitting the right tyres etc only for them to not suit it.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Thats as close as I can find... I think they would look grand. Why are the springs coming out of the Golf?

F8ACDB53-003A-40D3-AFE4-C59C5100964F-727-0000006CB2A4AA35.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
And it would be lower than that too as the GTi is 15mm lower than standard I think.

Springs are coming out because the country roads I spend most of my time on are absolutely brutal and do not lend themselves to a lowered car.

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
wish id the doe, but timing belt on fri and engine fault to be investigated...possibly turbo or the actuator humph

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
LOL, I'm having second thoughts! Brian has planted the seed now! :sob:

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
And it would be lower than that too as the GTi is 15mm lower than standard I think.

Springs are coming out because the country roads I spend most of my time on are absolutely brutal and do not lend themselves to a lowered car.

Man up! I'm 45 and drive a mini on coilovers! Can't be that bad surely?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, ironically it was you and your suspension/age combo that made me decide to go ahead with lowering the GTi :party::oops::p.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Me too. I love how it sits now, but just isn't practical for getting the best out of the car.

Andy55

RMS Regular
I'm not sure Brian! I can't find any photos of them on a Mk5 st standard height, and I don't want to go to the hassle of fitting the right tyres etc only for them to not suit it.

fat51.jpg

(photo taken with a potato)
attachment.php

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.