Can Ford Edge Ahead of Stiff SUV Competition?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
See the blog feature on this -Ford as a worldwide brand have taken measures to create a “one Ford” type world, where by each model within the range should be available across its global market and indeed this is why the all new Mustang is now available from new, in right hand drive, within the UK for the first time.

Also the all new Focus RS is also available throughout the states and the UK alike and the only major difference for these models is the side on which the steering wheel is positioned. Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I really like these. Saw a black sport this morning and it looks great.

Edit: /beard.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Yea I like these. Would be interesting to see the size difference compared to our mk2 Kuga. The light bar at the back looks ace.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Way too expensive, put a few options on a sport model coming on at over £38k:laughing:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
A Ford is not in the same bracket as an Audi or BMW, I would expect it to be a lot cheaper than an equivalent SUV from either.

It's also terrible looking in that picture, maybe it looks better in the metal but ford would never be getting £38k of my money for one

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
A Ford is not in the same bracket as an Audi or BMW, I would expect it to be a lot cheaper than an equivalent SUV from either.

It's also terrible looking in that picture, maybe it looks better in the metal but ford would never be getting £38k of my money for one

That is purely badge snobbery then :p

gaz_5103

RMS Regular
Drives
SC Range Rover S
Priced one of these when was looking to change. A relatively mid range sepc'd one was working out £200 per month more than what I got the Tiguan r line 4motion dsg for.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
an equivalent VW or Audi would be £15-20k more though.

The Tiguan is pretty much identical for spec, edge has the bigger power output with the autobox though.

Ford automatic doesn't sound amazing though.

Q3 is probably comparable in price, Q5 might be more similar in size and they must be more expensive.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
The Tiguan is pretty much identical for spec, edge has the bigger power output with the autobox though.

Ford automatic doesn't sound amazing though.

Q3 is probably comparable in price, Q5 might be more similar in size and they must be more expensive.
A direct rival to the Q5, XC60, X3 also i would think

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Not really, I just expect the car I bought to be worth the asking price. And that ain't worth £38k of anyone's money.
you have not seen one in real life nor driven one, a decent spec auto is £35k which is about right for it when the VAG group stuff would be 40-50k

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
£35k doesn't buy much in the new suv market these days sadly.

Even a honda hr-v I had recently was touching 30k and isnt something I'd own personally.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I thought you never really pay anything close to list price on a high spec Ford anyway?

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Most dales these days are pre reg ones saving a lot on most brands

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You effectively finance the deprecation. I'm sure the GFV of an Audi or BMW is comparative to the higher purchase price so does it really cost you more?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.