New Audi Q7 Is Smooth, Practical and Luxurious

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
See the blog feature on this -The Audi Q7 has been on the road for just over a decade now and in that time hasn’t really received any dramatic changes and as such was starting to look a little dated compared to others in the segment, however things changed recently with the all new Q7 being offered at dealerships.

Audi SUV’s are not something that have ever really been on my radar as something to own due to the fact they are more suited to asphalt than being a true utility vehicle, hence their popularity as a large, safe and very practical family car.

Outside the new Q7 hasn’t changed greatly, just enough I feel to say it is a new model and in turn Audi have been able to introduce their latest technology throughout the Q7 with the LED front (£950 option) and rear lights as well as massive front grill being the big visual changes for me.

This S-Line test model is finished in the £675 option “Daytona Grey” which I must admit was a beautiful in the flesh and a big change over the black which seemed to be the most popular colour on the old models.

Protruding below the infamous four rings badge on the front grill of this model is a frontal camera which is part of the £1150 optional parking pack and combined with the rear camera I must say really helped greatly when in the city or in a car park as the Q7 is far from small!

Quattro and S-Line badging grace the side whilst electric folding mirrors (£100 option) along with head and sound insulated privacy glass (£525 option) finish off not only aesthetics but also quality. Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
XC90 is a very hard one to beat in this class
I would agree 100% with that.

If my choices were an XC90 or a Q7, even despite the fact that the Audi's 3lt engine was silky smooth, and the Volvo is only has a 2.0 diesel, I would still choose the XC90 every single time, especially in R Design guise.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
This is identical though

2016-audi-q7-switzerland-22.jpg

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
They're a nice bit of kit, my mum used to have the old model 3.0 TDi and it went well for the size and weight of it. Would have liked the new one to look a bit more different aesthetically but I guess that's the Audi way. The interior looks great though.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
It won't win any prizes for its looks or it's stupidly expensive brother the Bentayga.

No doubt very luxurious, I just think Audi missed the boat on this.

The XC90 is a much prettier car.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Starting to look quite dated, folding mirrors as an option - crazy. The Jag or RR Sport would be my choice.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Nice review.

I'm trying to figure which of the features will fail first. I'll go for the £1950 Technology Pack. The 12.3” pop up screen will probably get stuck in the dash. Vorsprung Durch Tecknik.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.