What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Went for first proper drive since the work was done.

I ended up parked up for over an hour while assistance came.

IMG_0161.JPG

Radiator hose pooped off, hope it was just loose or a weak jubilee clip. New ones will be got tomorrow, and another gallon of coolant put into it ffs.

IMG_0160.JPG

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@weeloaney if you had a Gf she coulda reached down in there and sorted that for you lol
It wasn't my pipe that was the problem ;)

And no, space was tiny because of plastic engine cover and I hadn't any tools on me at all.

If I had a 6mm Allen Key and a flat screw driver I could have had the pipe refitted in minutes and a 3 minute walk to the filling station would have had me a watering can full to fill the coolant up again.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Ouch - remember no pain no gain so that car owes you a great 2017 :p
It feckin does, it is being used and abused off-road more than once this coming year that's for sure.

If she breaks it's because I was having a lot of fun lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@weeloaney really, you take that car out without tools in it....you are the bravest Man of 2016 lol
Only time I've carried tools in it was when off-roading and I used them once and it was only a flat screw driver to reposition the suspension height sensor after I broke a shock.

The only time it was even close to letting me down was when it wouldn't start and I unplugged the tuning box and away she went. It has probably been the most reliable Range Rover p38 ever lol

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Been battling with a creak/rattle coming from the waterfall dash in the xc60, doing my head in!

Found a volvo tsb online that suggests removing some plastic tabs from behind the centre dash vent along with lubricating specific area's (waterfall sides and number pad/heater controls) and specific felt tape placement.
Didn't work, still creaking away over bumps and general weight movement so covered every surface of the rear of the top dash vent trim and the rear waterfall dash trim in attempt to get something inbetween whatever 2 surfaces are touching
20161228_155220.jpg

Moderate success! Still something rubbing very randomly, but predictable creaking stopped.. will tear all down again and check for loose bolts or dash fixing's that have wirked their way loose, pita.

Chris0

RMS Regular
Don't even start talking about rattling noises.

Had one in the Forester for over a year took the whole boot spare wheel and trim out only to find it was a tiny bit of plastic surrounding the rear window

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Been battling with a creak/rattle coming from the waterfall dash in the xc60, doing my head in!

Found a volvo tsb online that suggests removing some plastic tabs from behind the centre dash vent along with lubricating specific area's (waterfall sides and number pad/heater controls) and specific felt tape placement.
Didn't work, still creaking away over bumps and general weight movement so covered every surface of the rear of the top dash vent trim and the rear waterfall dash trim in attempt to get something inbetween whatever 2 surfaces are touching
View attachment 132996
Moderate success! Still something rubbing very randomly, but predictable creaking stopped.. will tear all down again and check for loose bolts or dash fixing's that have wirked their way loose, pita.
Silicon lubricant spray from halfords . ;)

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
There's a bad rattle in the boot of the X5 that I cannot pin point :worried:.

Had one in a VXR Astra, searched and poked around and couldn't find anything. Turned out it was the boot lid itself. The 2 rubber buffers that the boot shuts down into needed adjustment, screwed them out a couple of turns and rattles gone.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Washed it for the first time in about 6 months. Sprayed the bottom half and boot with @Big Pimp 's Tarminator before I sponged it and the tar just washed off. Great job.