a-kem automotive

Ghost

RMS Regular
Could'nt resist a quick try out of the Articulate this afternoon for the first time. Car was pretty clean with a weeks worth of grime, very impressed with the results. Spray over, dwell, hose off, see out back window again.
4.5/5 Thumbs Up.
What did you use to apply it?

simy

RMS Regular
1ltr Pressure pump bottle. Could really use a bigger one as had to refill it a couple of times. Maybe a new product line for @Big Pimp in Articulate spray bottles?

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I used to use one of the normal pump bottles for the likes of auto rinse and the Articulate. But I changed to a fence sprayer and you get much better coverage, especially areas like side skirts and deep bumpers etc.

IMG_2879.JPG

That's the old bottle on the right and the sprayer on the left holds 4 - 5 litres of the mix, which would do about 4 washes comfortably (and I use far too much!).

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Hozelock here for articulate, the "7l" one (actually holds 5l). Plenty for one car, just about enough for both cars.

Any of the pump style pressure bottles will do the job.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I must add in a photo of what I use now.

I acquired a Cornelius keg from a friend. Think it used to be a Coca Cola keg.

Holds almost 20litres! Very handy when washing the Lorry etc.

Filled on one side with a compressor and dispenses the other side with a powerhose style gun and short sprayer

IMG_1826.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That looks very professional :grinning:

Lugging 20l of fluid plus that keg might be a bit much for us weak people though, I can barely lift your drums :p :innocent:

Speaking of which, do you have any more of those taps that screw on the drum instead of the cap?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
B+m for the spray bottles.couple of quid and bin it when breaks.i have had mine for ages though with no problems.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Even if you only wash the car 35 times a year, that's only like, erm something pounds a wash.

Is it strange that this is how I convince myself it's ok to buy cleaning gear :party:

Those sprayers with the longer reach and better spray pattern use alot less product for me and they also do a better job with where and how they cover so give better results and I save in the long term :cool:

That Hoselock sprayer can be picked up for closer to £20-£25 online (including delivery) and less when they are on offer too.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
The hozelock sprayers definitely are the recommended method.

Sure think about it like this - the amount of money you save buying articulate instead of other (more expensive) traffic film removers :grinning:p) makes the larger sprayers a more economic decision!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Is the tutti frutti Snow Foam available yet Ross?

What's the price difference between it and UF?

Sold our last 25L of UF yesterday , need to send you a stock order tomorrow and would add in the TF if it's available. :grinning:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Actually, just to make sure I don't miss anyone

If you have purchased the 25lt quantity of either articulate or UltraFoam and DIDN'T get a free drum tap, type your name below and I'll make sure I get one sent out to you

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Is the tutti frutti Snow Foam available yet Ross?

What's the price difference between it and UF?

Sold our last 25L of UF yesterday , need to send you a stock order tomorrow and would add in the TF if it's available. :grinning:
It's only a case of adding the scent mate. I should have it before the end of the week if my chemist removed his finger from his posterior!

No price difference at all mate!

If it's not in before your order will be leaving, I'll send you some of the concentrate up to add to it.

Same goes for anyone who wants to add scent to the larger 25lt amounts (think @weeloaney was one who wanted to)

Ghost

RMS Regular
Screenshot_20170108-181935.png

My OCD wants a yellow one too. Matching my Karcher powerhose and hoover. (I'm I sick?)

My other problem is, I want it NOW. Not in a few days.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
It's only a case of adding the scent mate. I should have it before the end of the week if my chemist removed his finger from his posterior!

No price difference at all mate!

If it's not in before your order will be leaving, I'll send you some of the concentrate up to add to it.

Same goes for anyone who wants to add scent to the larger 25lt amounts (think @weeloaney was one who wanted to)

Might make me want to actually wash my vehicles:p

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Excuse the silly question....but I assume the ultrafoam would be ok for a good period of time if it was bought in the 25L drum? (As I'm not go bad/break down etc)