Jaguar XFS remap/turbos

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Hey folks,

Warranty almost up with the XFS and thinking getting it remapped.

Don't know too much about these engines still but wanting to improve the performance abit and possibly improve the mpg.

Coming from the 535d that gave me the common turbo failure on the small turbo (60k), I'm wondering if the xf twin turbos are alot more reliable?

The car has 94k full jaguar history and not wanting any problems with the pricey turbo units failing if put under more pressure.

What do they map too without touching the dpf?

Cheers,
Joe

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I had mine 'mapped' - well when I say mapped I had a decent tuning box on it. Went well with it on, was around 320bhp apparently. Nobody in northern ireland could tune it, but one crowd told me they "would give it a go" which i declined lol. Maps in England from a well known crowd are £1000, but that was 2-3 years ago things may have moved on.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Popped into autotune ballymena there, not sure of guys name usually deal with ryan etc but he claims they can map them and standard pricing.

Ryan off today so limited info.

It can be done now it seems (y)

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Is that the 3.0? The 3.0 engine as used in the XF and landrovers still needs the ECU opened to be mapped I think

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Is that the 3.0? The 3.0 engine as used in the XF and landrovers still needs the ECU opened to be mapped I think

Got speaking to ryan at auto-tune and he did confirm the ECU needs to be taken out for mapping, not overly a big deal espically to these boys they were flat out doing others today by the looks of it!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I had mine 'mapped' - well when I say mapped I had a decent tuning box on it. Went well with it on, was around 320bhp apparently. Nobody in northern ireland could tune it, but one crowd told me they "would give it a go" which i declined lol. Maps in England from a well known crowd are £1000, but that was 2-3 years ago things may have moved on.

Never a fan of the tuning boxes as most seemed like cheap eBay keek... What was yours?

PM me details on prices etc if you don't mind please (y)

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
when you start tuning its a gamble so if you are happy thats the main thing, but when all goes wrong you generally are on your own.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I would read up on an xf specific forum as there is bound to be more experience and feedback there. See what the general consensus is on maps and power and reliability.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
And the only people currently who claim they have a reliable proven map for the F Pace engine is dms who do a lot of high end cars through momentum over here.

But it's £1200 plus vat for a map from them :rolleyes:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I would read up on an xf specific forum as there is bound to be more experience and feedback there. See what the general consensus is on maps and power and reliability.

Was on another jag forum and wasn't a lot of info on it from what I read, so I asked here. Il have another looksie (y)

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I'm pretty sure Superchips Bluefin works for these but you'll still need to have the ECU unlocked (by them in this case) and I think the closest dealer for them is down south.

It's about £400 and you can look at the graphs on their site (specific to your car), so you can see what to expect. If you went that route then I'd still take it to a rolling road afterwards to get everything double checked for peace of mind.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.