Turbo refurb "BKD" Leon mk2 2.0tdi

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dee85

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon 2.0tdi
Hi,

I was looking for options for my mk2 leon. At the moment its suffering from overboost and putting it into limp mode and i've already changed the map sensor so i would assume it maybe the turbo with sticky vanes.

Just want to know if i want it refurbed, how much would this cost? is it generally cleaning it or replacing the internals with new parts? Would it be the same as having it converted into a hybrid? If not then how much would it cost for a hybrid conversion and what gains would i get? Would i need a bigger intercooler to suit the conversion? At the moment i'm on a standard remap running about 160 - 170bhp.

Thanks, Dee

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Best getting someone to have a look at it before removing the turbo, it could be several things other than the vanes, such as the actuator (has a positioning sensor built into it), AFM etc.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.