WRC 2016 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
2017 Fiesta RS WRC test mule:

image.jpeg

THE NEXT STAGE: 2017 FIESTA TAKES TO THE GRAVEL

Sam.

RMS Regular
What is the deal/rules with the running orders atm? I don't follow changes like that at all.
Cars run in championship order for the first 2 days, so Ogier is sweeping for two days on gravel rallies. Rally2 crews no longer go to the start of the running order so they're not there to fall back on either.

I'm not sure how it can be totally fair as someone is always going to have to sweep. Maybe qualifying ERC style might be a solution.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Cars run in championship order for the first 2 days, so Ogier is sweeping for two days on gravel rallies. Rally2 crews no longer go to the start of the running order so they're not there to fall back on either.

I'm not sure how it can be totally fair as someone is always going to have to sweep. Maybe qualifying ERC style might be a solution.
I think this is the fairest way imo. Can never please everyone.

Why should the rules benefit the champ leader more.

What way was the old way of working out the running order? Leader of the day before?

Sam.

RMS Regular
Yeah championship order 1st day, then reversed the other two. It'll be interesting to see how much less complaining Capito does for the next few rallies seeing as they're tarmac.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I think the running order should be a lottery, draw balls from a bag or something. Work with what you get.

Sam.

RMS Regular
After much speculation Rally China has been removed from the 2016 calendar.
AUTOSPORT said:
"The FIA and WRC Promoter have received a formal request to cancel next month's Rally China, round 10 of the 2016 FIA World Rally Championship.
"The Federation of Automobile and Motorcycle Sports of China (CAMF) and event organiser Le Sports cited heavy damage to the route caused by torrential storms and flooding last month in the region around Huairou, near Beijing, where the rally was to be staged.

"Despite a last minute visit to China last week by representatives from the FIA and WRC Promoter, and the best efforts by all concerned, it was said to be impossible to affect the necessary repairs for the event to run.

"According to CAMF and Le Sports the adverse weather left sections of the route to be used as special stages requiring major repair work which the region's Road Administration Authority confirmed could not be completed before reconnaissance for the rally was due to start.

"Some of the worst floods in China for many years forced tens of thousands of people to evacuate their homes in the north of the country, prompting authorities to introduce emergency measures in the region, which continue.
"The rally will not be replaced in this year's FIA World Rally Championship, which will now comprise 13 rounds."

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
WRC Deutschland happened this weekend- minus Meeke & Breen. (Hence the lack of interest in this thread)

Ogier got the win, Sordo 2nd, Neuville 1 tenth behind in 3rd.

Stephane Lefevbre had a huge accident yesterday on Panzerplatte, resulting in broken bones for both him and his co-driver, Gabin Moreau. Thankfully the extent of the injuries are not life threatening.

Here is what's left of the DS3 WRC:
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
I enjoyed it a lot, but the safety has been increased even more this year making it a tough rally to follow. A spectator died on shakedown, nasty accident for Stephane and co-driver is in a really bad form, crazy accident for the south korean driver etc. I will post up pics and report when back from Germany! Conspiracy theories from many fans that ss17 was blocked on purpose by Ogier fans to make sure he wouldn't lose again time on the second loop of the stage. Sordi drove spectacular in my opinion!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Good rally for Hyundai. Need to keep pushing the i20 on.

M-Sport need a proper driver, Mads & Eric just don't cut it.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Yep he's going well at the moment. Depends on who Toyota go for. Tanak could be the big mover I think.

I see Sordo has extended his Hyundai contract this morning until end of 2018.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.