2007 Leon AUX options

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Big dough for sure, my Leon had an aux port beside the handbrake. Was really handy, 08 car though.

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Big dough for sure, my Leon had an aux port beside the handbrake. Was really handy, 08 car though.
Yeah the girlfriends is the same from 2006. Think that was your choice from factory, iPod or aux. Sadly mines an iPod!

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
image.jpeg
Overwhelming success today! I now have a radio again and Agnews actually did it for free!
Just asked them about getting the aux to work, they said it's not something they usually do but they highly suspect it's a vagcom job! So I'll need to research into this now!

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
"It's possible to disable the AUX input altogether. So yours could just be turned off.
I've done this on mine, because I never use it.
On the Stereo press PROG, then I think you have to press the far right button for the next screen and it should be there entitled AUX. You can toggle it on/off."

That any use?

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
image.jpeg

So..... Success I think, thanks to @Ceebl , what made it work in VCDS is a touch confusing but the AUX is now enabled.

However.... We discovered that the aux adaptor I bought has all of the cables not only 1 set of pins to the left more than it should be but also upside down. So mauled the connector appart and clipped the pins on myself. There is currently audio from the jack now but in Mono, I suspect something is touching on the back that shouldn't be with how i jammed it in!

Need to find a bit more of a permanent solution now

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Was thinking about this, remember the black wire that was bridged between 2 pins on the back of the aux? Did we not discover the wire colours were wrong and black was actually one of the LR channels? If they have that aux wired wrong then black will be splitting one mono channel to both channels on the radio?
Maybe you need to take that bridge out?

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
I cut the bridge......and ended up with normal audio on the right hand channel.....and a treble/underwater sound on the left.

Socket ordered off eBay. Many spare drone flight controller connectors in the garage. I shall build one.

Email sent to eBay seller that I bought that abomination of a cable from.

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
So the AUX is now in and working.

£2 socket off eBay, some heat shrink, speaker wire and connectors from the drone and I have created this

image.jpeg

Which I have fitted to a little unused panel infront of the gear stick. Which I think fits very well and almost even looks factory

image.jpeg

It works, crystal clear stereo sound. But damn that was a much harder and longer process than I expected!

Thanks for the help!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.