F1 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
The Singapore race does look amazing. Boring race though. Same as Monaco - spectacular setting, and then a long procession to the end with almost no overtaking other than if someone crashes out. Still deciding if I should bother watching tomorrow or just check the result, lol :grinning:

I see Nico is in top with Lewis only third.
There have been a few exciting moments but like most of the races it will be like watching paint dry.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
The Singapore race does look amazing. Boring race though. Same as Monaco - spectacular setting, and then a long procession to the end with almost no overtaking other than if someone crashes out. Still deciding if I should bother watching tomorrow or just check the result, lol :grinning:

I see Nico is in top with Lewis only third.

Well BTCC and world RX is one tomorrow too.

Only found out, and I had planned and afternoon of car work, thats that idea gone lol.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Nico is in top form at the moment.

Long race tomorrow, usually approaches 2 hours. No doubt someone will bin it & bring out the SC.

A good race is all is ask :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lewis will do well to get past Riccardo on super soft before nico legs it up the road.

Yep. Barring the start there is pretty much no overtaking at Singapore. His only hope of catching Nico will be a safety car, which there probably will be one at some point.

Assuming the Mercs get off the line ok this time :grinning:

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
@jimcupra i disagree with your point about the Ferrari/Schumacher era, it wasn't exciting, it was just plain dull it was pretty much the Ferrari/Schumacher show!!

Much the same as it is the Mercedes show now! It would appear that it's still the big money teams that rule the roost!

I think more should be done to boost the smaller teams, but i realise that would then push the big teams out as they're noses would be put out of place! If you let the big teams spend what they want then it will push non-manufacturers out of the sport and then only a few "manufacturer" teams will participate such as Mercedes and Ferrari. At the moment I can't see any other team willing to spend the same sort of money as those two!

jimcupra

RMS Regular
@Blackie I have been a Ferrari fan from the 70s so loosing was a way of life, ask any Liverpool supporter. Schumacher didn't get anything in the first 4 years. Watching him make the team from nothing then completely destroy the opposition for 4 years is what I meant. Win at all costs bend the rules to the limit, I like that kind of skulduggery. Remember Ross brawn measuring the barge boards in a certain way so they passed that's what I'm on about ;)
Is there a procession I mean race on today :p.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Thought we might see rosberg have to race today but seems not.

Fair play he didn't choke under pressure but would have loved 5 more laps!!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Was at the race here in Singapore today and it was class. Not the most exciting of races, but atmosphere was cracking! Noise was rubbish compared to the V12s :worried: Shame Max didn't do as well either, I do really like him. Plus was stuck on a stand with what seemed to be the entire Netherlands population lol.

Watched the Porsche cup and Ferrari challenge from the hotel room earlier as we could see a wee bit of the track, and they were way better! Plus they sounded unreal!!!!

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
@Blackie I have been a Ferrari fan from the 70s so loosing was a way of life, ask any Liverpool supporter. Schumacher didn't get anything in the first 4 years. Watching him make the team from nothing then completely destroy the opposition for 4 years is what I meant. Win at all costs bend the rules to the limit, I like that kind of skulduggery. Remember Ross brawn measuring the barge boards in a certain way so they passed that's what I'm on about ;)
Is there a procession I mean race on today :p.
I am a Liverpool supporter lol!!!

Yea I don't really remember those days of Schumacher not getting anything, I only remember the years where it was all him and Ferrari and I actually pulled away from F1 at the time as I got bored of it and developed quite a strong disliking for Schumacher, although in the very late part of his career I started to warm to him again.

I got into F1 in the very late 80's, possibly later I can't once I finally got a TV in my bedroom and no longer had to fight with my wee bro for viewing control lol, so I missed all of Ferrari's struggles similar to Liverpool's since 91/92 lol. I got into it around Nigel Mansell's era.

Not a bad race today, good to see Redbull and even Ferrari looking like they could actually bring a bit of a challenge to Mercedes!!

What was the brake temp issue all about with Mercedes? The C4 coverage didn't seem to mention any other teams having similar issues?

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I don't like girly ball I was using it as an example of winning nothing, but still having a massive fan base. In the mid 90s the Williams was the car to have, Schumacher dragged the Ferrari up there punching well above his weight. 97 season with villenueve was brilliant I was at the British gp. I just wish they would bin those milk float power packs. Hopefully the new owners do something to make f1 the spectacle it used to be.
Monza or imola is brilliant the tifosi are so passionate they make the weekend. Back when jos the boss was racing spa was his home race as such. The Dutch fans are nuts and now max is racing spa will be buzzing with crazy Dutch fans.
I am a Liverpool supporter lol!!!

Yea I don't really remember those days of Schumacher not getting anything, I only remember the years where it was all him and Ferrari and I actually pulled away from F1 at the time as I got bored of it and developed quite a strong disliking for Schumacher, although in the very late part of his career I started to warm to him again.

I got into F1 in the very late 80's, possibly later I can't once I finally got a TV in my bedroom and no longer had to fight with my wee bro for viewing control lol, so I missed all of Ferrari's struggles similar to Liverpool's since 91/92 lol. I got into it around Nigel Mansell's era.

Not a bad race today, good to see Redbull and even Ferrari looking like they could actually bring a bit of a challenge to Mercedes!!

What was the brake temp issue all about with Mercedes? The C4 coverage didn't seem to mention any other teams having similar issues?

Shaun

RMS Regular
I watched the first lap then turned it back to the btcc. No point wasting time watching anything g last the first corner really lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
As boring as always in Singapore, lol, possibly even worse than Monaco...

The only "excitement" was Kimi's pass on Lewis (brilliant), and then Verstappen at least trying. Everyone else just settled in for a leisurely Sunday afternoon drive.

Ricciardo had a good go at the end, but too late, and Nico managed the gap perfectly. Another two laps and it could have been different. It is one thing catching another car, another to pass in Singapore. Would have been good to see though!

Some odd strategy calls by Merc, pitting Lewis at the same time as Ricciardo and putting him on the harder tyres for example. But still, pretty lacklustre by Lewis. He is probably just happy to have this race over with and getting back to "proper" tracks.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I think with Lewis first time they tried to undercut Ricciardo but by coincidence they both pitted at the same time. Then when Ricciardo was catching Nico they let it happen then when it started getting close they turned up the engine and could have done so further.

Shows you how the only fight is when the mercs have brake problems :worried:

stevyg

RMS Regular
It had all the ingredients to be a good race but it just wasn't.
I think Mercedes were so busy making sure Rosberg covered Ricciardo that they left Hamilton in the lurch. Hamilton kept asking for a strategy and was let down I think by some indecision and procrastination. Nice move by Kimi on Lewis, some decent battles mid-field too. A wee safety car about 2/3 of the way through would have made it more exciting...

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Magnussens Renault up in flames in the pit lane, scary stuff fuel pishing out of it.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
^-- what?? Is he alright? videos or images of it?

Found some.. glad hes ok..

CtlJCwhWAAAhvN5.jpg:large

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Was going to say business as usual, but then RB qualified ahead of Ferrari :grinning: Nice to see them up there.

Other than that, Nico slots into second spot despite a sloppy lap. That is how dominant that Merc is. So annoying to see him just breeze in like that even when not on it. Over half a second behind his team mate...

Ah well, fingers crossed Lewis gets a good start this time and puts the championship back in order (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.