trade plate query

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Would trade plates cover a car being collected from docks. Car would be jdm import and never registered here

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Would trade plates cover a car being collected from docks. Car would be jdm import and never registered here

As trade plates only cover the road tax aspect, yes they would.

MOT, insurance etc etc is all still up to you.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just had something similar to this in work this week.

Brand new unregistered lorry chassis to go to the south to get a tank fitted before it can be registered. We were going to drive it down on trade plates, but they are not recognised as a valid plate in the south (in the same way the southern equivalent is not recogniosed here), so therefore cannot be used. Got this from Freight Transport Association, DVLA, and RSA in the south.
Had to be low loadered in the end.

NotKG

Banned
a company i used to work for got on a temporary ZZ plate to get it registered, as they came in via south,, trade plate will let you collect it with a harbour carriage letter, to your premises (direct), then once prepped,, (direct) to a SVA test centre to get a certificate of conformity to register it for uk v5.
trade plate will cover it on a ZZplate. otherwise trailer it.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Just had something similar to this in work this week.

Brand new unregistered lorry chassis to go to the south to get a tank fitted before it can be registered. We were going to drive it down on trade plates, but they are not recognised as a valid plate in the south (in the same way the southern equivalent is not recogniosed here), so therefore cannot be used. Got this from Freight Transport Association, DVLA, and RSA in the south.
Had to be low loadered in the end.

My last job for Mercedes Benz truck and van before I left was to run two 8 wheel chassis cabs down to Carlow to get tanks fitted to the back, we used the normal trade plate and it was fine , infact we were always in the south and never a thing said or pulled over, as long as it's displayed front and back it shouldn't be a problem :grinning:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
My last job for Mercedes Benz truck and van before I left was to run two 8 wheel chassis cabs down to Carlow to get tanks fitted to the back, we used the normal trade plate and it was fine , infact we were always in the south and never a thing said or pulled over, as long as it's displayed front and back it shouldn't be a problem :grinning:

All the official bodies both sides of the border told me that they aren't recognised. If it was for myself I'd probably take the chance and plead ignorance if stopped, but wasn't going to ask someone else to do that in work!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.