MKVI Golf GTI - DSG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyB23
Glad you got it up and running again. Some nasty damage! The black in these has really started to grow on me

Cheers buddy. Unfortunately there was but piece of mind now that its all done and fixed.
I love it in black, and the only other colour I would have it in is white.

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyB23
Lovely. Have one at the minute and have so say very impressed with it - alot of fun, gearbox suits it perfectly, sounds fantastic, but also nice and sedate for normal everyday driving.

I agree they are a great driving motor.
I'm currently of the opinion that I won't go back to a manual after this!
I love the fact that you can just tootle about in drive and its effortless but when you want to push on a bit, knocking it into manual and using the paddles totally changes the car.

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyB23
Any updates ? Did you get it mapped ?

Unfortunately no updates. The list of what I want to do keeps growing but the money doesn't come just as quick.

I had it serviced last month including the DSG which totally changed the way the gearbox worked.

Planning on getting an intake and exhaust for it before a map but hopefully over the next few months I can get the money together and get it all done.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
definitely recommend doing that, or even just the downpipe i believe is just as good. ive full milltek and VWR intake.
i should have done that originally and saved getting it mapped twice.

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyB23
I would love a full Milltek but at the same time I try and justify whether its worth spending that amount on one.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Pretty sure i've seen this car around Portaferry before?

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyB23
Cheers - it's always been one of my favorite parts of the car. It also one of the first things people comment on.

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyB23
Unfortunately, the time has come that I will need to sell this as I venture into the big bad world of home owning.

Will be got ready in the next two weeks and up for sale soon. Car is completely standard still as I never really got round to doing anything other than driving and enjoying it.

If any RMS'ers are interested, give me a shout!

Cheers

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
All the best with the sale, nice to see one other than Red or White. Looks a clean one.

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyB23
Spent today getting it all tidied up and ready for sale. Very pleased with how well it looks after a good going over. Also had a service last week so will advertise in the next week.
As above, if anyone is interested give me a shout.

IMG_20180114_191413.jpg
IMG_20180114_191358.jpg
IMG-20180114-WA0022.jpg
IMG-20180114-WA0023.jpg
IMG-20180114-WA0020.jpg

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
How much would be on this? Not for myself, a friend is looking at a few options and I think one of these would be a good fit.

Thanks

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Just a minor point, but it might be worth elaborating on "faulty tensioner replaced" in the advert.
I'd rather know a car had a full head rebuild before going to see it.
GLWTS, very clean looking car (y)

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
OP
JonnyB23
Just a minor point, but it might be worth elaborating on "faulty tensioner replaced" in the advert.
I'd rather know a car had a full head rebuild before going to see it.
GLWTS, very clean looking car (y)

Cheers @Chris Mac
You’re right, looked at it earlier, it dorsnt even say what tensioner! I’ll get it updated in the morning! Appreciate it!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.