MOTOGP 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Outstanding race!
Not sure what happened to rossi so early on but great to see him cut through the field from about 12th
Crutchlow on a different level today - a big boost for the team
And good to see lorenzo fading again :party:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Not different level, just better tyre choice. Really paid off for him, I like him good to finally see him get the win.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Not different level, just better tyre choice. Really paid off for him, I like him good to finally see him get the win.
A different level through better tyre choice ;)
Pity marquez got up to third. Fifth would have kept the championship closer

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Outstanding race!
Crutchlow on a different level today - a big boost for the team
:party:

Yep an interesting race and his missus is a Belfast woman. (y)
Nice to see Cal finally getting somewhere this year, he's a much better rider than his results read this season.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
The doctor really needs to string a few race wins together or Marquez will run away with it. A dnf for Marquez and a Rossi win would really spark it up.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Marquez seems to be content to not go for the win every race he's a lot calmer this year
I think a torpedo from Iannone would do the job nicely ;)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Was a good race in the end, if a bit random in the conditions and all the different tyre combos out there.

Great result for Cal :grinning:

And those Ducattis are really starting to work and make proper headway. Not easy to get past!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just watched the Silverstone race, brilliant, one of the best in a long time! Flat out all the way, tight racing :cool:

Well, from second and down at least :laughing:

Great race by Maverick up front, a brilliant and hard earned second by Crutchlow. Ianone was going like a demon possessed for a while until he took himself out, lol. Again! Will he be on the grid at all next year? Marquez was pushing hard too until he took himself out as well :innocent:

Good result for Rossi, but will take more than this to haul in Marquez.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Another brilliant race in Italy :grinning:

Thought Rossi had it there, but Pedrosa pulled a blinder from nowhere when he suddenly woke up towards the end, lol! Well played (y)

Been a few races like that recently with an "odd" tyre choice making all the difference. Just a case of someone getting lucky, or are the tyres that unpredictable?

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Its been very interesting this season, 8 different winners in 8 races, dunno where Danny pulled that from after the season he's had.
Its still close at the top and Marquez' to lose. One DNF for Marc or bad result, will make it a lot more interesting. (y) :p

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Just read an article on the disadvantage of winglets.
HRC claimed they developed a full aero bike over 20 years ago that lapped suzuka over a second a lap quicker. They never raced with it as the test riders could only do 2 laps with it as it was extremely tiring to ride.
This was demonstrated by the ducatis struggling with arm pump at Silverstone with so many corners. This is also why pedrosa doesn't use winglets much as he is relatively weak.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Thankfully they will be gone next year I think, cannot really see a place for them in motorbikes.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
OP
EP3 James
Drives
Leon Cupra
Marquez has been very very sensible this year. In previous years he would fight to the death to try and win a race even he didn't need the win but now, he is happy to soak up the points with a comfortable gap. Big change. Would love him to have a wee crash and Rossi to win to spice things up.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Surprised to see Lorentzo still sitting in second in the C-ship. He has been pretty lacklustre since the Ducati announcement.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
OP
EP3 James
Drives
Leon Cupra
I know, Rossi has been terribly unlucky this year. Mechanical issues and crash have really dampened his chances. Really needs Marc to make a mistake.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Marquez over half a second quicker in qualifying :eek:

Need track temps to cool down to force marquez onto the soft option front tyre else hes going to walk away with a win :worried:

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
How's he been lucky?

To name a few off the top off my head -
Losing the front today and not crashing out
Crashing and dislocating his shoulder but being able to race again.

A wee tiny bit of luck goes a long way in racing

Compared to Rossi's engine destroying itself

I don't care who wins so long as its good racing...otherwise may as well be F1

So long as Rossi finishes ahead of Lorenzo i will be relatively happy!

Mabb

RMS Regular
Drives
MT10 X5
Rossi was lucky with a third today saying as he had a big high side in practise and was able to race...

Imo there was nothing lucky about MM's front end save today..unless ur totally new to watching MotoGP you will have seen him save way more than that.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Rossi was lucky with a third today saying as he had a big high side in practise and was able to race...

Imo there was nothing lucky about MM's front end save today..unless ur totally new to watching MotoGP you will have seen him save way more than that.

Of course no luck at all involved - what was i thinking! :p

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I thought that was another good race (y) Also seemed to be another race down to tyres again, the Honda just was miles better than the Yamaha on managing the tyres.

Surprised to see Lorentzo coming back like that at Rossi. I thought Rossi had played the better long game, letting Lorentzo fight it out at the start while Rossi was looking after his tyres, but then Lorentzo just suddenly woke up again towards the end, lol :grinning: Turned into a good fight :laughing:

EP3 James

RMS Regular
OP
EP3 James
Drives
Leon Cupra
I thought that was another good race (y) Also seemed to be another race down to tyres again, the Honda just was miles better than the Yamaha on managing the tyres.

Surprised to see Lorentzo coming back like that at Rossi. I thought Rossi had played the better long game, letting Lorentzo fight it out at the start while Rossi was looking after his tyres, but then Lorentzo just suddenly woke up again towards the end, lol :grinning: Turned into a good fight :laughing:

I think Rossi ruined his tyres trying to push on with Marquez, especially when Marquez got past!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.