honda ST1100 Pan European #SOLD

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NotKG

Banned
Make - Honda
Model - ST1100 Pan European
cc - 1100
Licence Required - Full Bike
Year - 1994 (22 years old)
miles 46,000mls
Mileage i done - 10,000
MOT - 1year + (done early)
Tax - yes, (but not transferable with new regulations)
previous owners - 2 (one for 19 yrs, one for 5-6 mts and found it too heavy) then myself.
Extras - raised screen, Oxford Heated Grips (the eco ones that turn off) fitted a few months ago,
& CNC chinese levers (old ones too with it) Ring DRL lights, optimate charger
Owned for - 30mts
Tyres - Bridgestone T30's and would be still 3/4 good. some can get 12-16 k out of these.
Service History - Full record at Portadown Honda (to i bought it and i'm a mechanic)
receint work - cush drive rubbers - new pedal rubbers - new battery spring 2016 (only as i was told it was still on the original 19 year old battery when i got it, and i thought the heated grips might finish it off )
work needed - none
condition - what i'd call Mint for a 22 year old bike. ""come and see for yourself"".
Location - Donaghadee

Other - when i bought it at 19 yrs old, and me being a fussy mechanic it got the timing belt replaced, and it's right beside it and a lot of work, so i fitted a EBC road race clutch kit on new honda shims and springs and bolts. new gaskets to clutch cover and slave, new exhaust joints as it had to come off with all the tupperwear to do it all.
have dockets for everything .

Worth Knowing - original owner got dealer to fit a rear Swing Arm in it just before it got traded(approx 4 yrs ago) as dealers wouldn't weld something like this due to their reputation if anything went wrong, just to MOT it to trade it on.
think they're over £500 new.

Bad bits - not a lot, bit of the black on the case locks have come off many years ago and have been touched in with a tiny brush,, couple of very small marks on bottom of side boxed which are on the grey. and a mark on a mirror glass.
there are 2 leg protectors on the side of the fairing,just strips about an inch wider, they're faded, but i got them off ebay for under £20 and thought they'd be better. take them off even, just 2 screws.
- nif you want to be fussy - you could pull off some front plastics over the winter and clean the front of engine and downpipes, it hasnt been off since i done the t/belt work. but it's all sound, just a bit grubby, even a valet guy might make something off it, it doesnt bother me.

Pics took just 3-4 weeks ago when i just got back from 2600 mile trip round france, and got a good clean up and wax for mot, yip, thats all i done for it.
14141724_241520479576842_1901289695236934417_n.jpg
14054899_241520436243513_5854732506070467796_n.jpg
IMG_20140319_160328_567.jpg
14468360_259504797778410_2227374818232476595_o.jpg

£2000
for now i'm putting up a price thats my rock bottom, not more and bidding on it., reflecting condition and work done and fresh rubber and service work.
there is easy 10 years in this bike for the right rider before needing any high maintenance, something a dealer wouldn't say.
it's 22 years old.

Last edited:

NotKG

Banned
OP
N
these are just reciepts for me owning it,, probably 90% would not have been done by any other owner, i just believe in keeping it looking as good as new, not old and tatty.
i'm CDO.
IMG_20160928_192151829.jpg
;)

NotKG

Banned
OP
N
thanks fabiostar ,, probably a bad time of year to sell to the fair weather riders who only ride april may & june ,,
if i keep it under covers the wife will have forgot about it by christmas, and by Feb she'll not even remember there's 3 in the garage. hopefully.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
They are a great bike for the winter too, but you might squirm at the thought, if you're a dedicated polisher.
Looks like a minter, especially with it having the new swingarm, which is the biggest (only?) problem they have.
I have a ST1300 myself, but keep hearing about how so many people rate the 1100 as a nicer bike.
GLWS.

NotKG

Banned
OP
N
Iv rode a 1300 i'm almost gutted all the difference there is in the 2 machines, apart from the whine, & a bit more ooomph, they're so similar it's unbelievable.

Last edited:

NotKG

Banned
OP
N
oh , and i have a sat nav i'm throwing in now too that took me all round france in august, UK and WE.
~
i'd took it off to fit to my new bike, but while i was over the border yesterday i got a brand new ZUMO340LM in ALDI on a very very good offer, and i'm fitting it on my new bike.
~
anyway, here's a wee video for the criac from france trip

Attachments

• 2015-03-07 18.28.44.jpg
    2015-03-07 18.28.44.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 125

lynnsy

RMS Regular
Drives
Dakar ///M3
This is the type a bike I want. Unfortunately have destroyed my left knee from scramblers. So a tourer will be bought eventually. Get loads a time behind the handle bars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.