RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Made a (very) small start tonight, I built 1 of 3 shelving bays i got. I only threw stuff up on it to get it off the floor, it'll be organised better when I deal with the rest of the mess. But I'm happy it's made a little dent in the floor space anyway!

A9323DC9-7889-4DAF-9164-9AA9792E6C95_zpswrasfret.jpg

EBF83DDF-18D1-4A6B-8A23-BD6DC7ACE262_zpskiblfdar.jpg

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I've been painting my garage walls every night this week. Very time consuming lol I will post up some pics as soon as it's finished and my new work benches are installed (y) It's made such an improvement in lighting already, I only have one single and rather sh***y bulb dangling in the middle of the garage at the moment.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
I got a whack of insulation cheap on gumtree and finally got round to fitting it

Horribly itchy messy task. It should make t a bit cosier... expanding foamed any gaps around the garage door frame also and blocked off any gaps I could see

Hoping to get it painted next before spark comes back for extra sockets and lighting etc and also before sprog no two lands!!!

Edit pics haven't worked

Last edited:

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I got a whack of insulation cheap on gumtree and finally got round to fitting it

Horribly itchy messy task. It should make t a bit cosier... expanding foamed any gaps around the garage door frame also and blocked off any gaps I could see

Hoping to get it painted next before spark comes back for extra sockets and lighting etc and also before sprog no two lands!!!

Edit pics haven't worked

I thought you had already painted yours? I have a spark coming next week to put in some extra power points. As with the rest of the house, there's a dire shortage of wall sockets. (n)

Sprog No. 2? Congratulations! (y):grinning:(b)

Reactions: Ben

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
No had the old garage painted Gaz new one is a blank canvas so far will get walls Painted extra sockets and lighting sorted then look at doing summat wi the dusty floor

Then a painted ceiling in too

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Yeah getting there at last still few boxes to sort and clear and a lot of pictures and all that jazz to hang...

But nursery is pretty much prepped so can start to look at the other things now

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Yeah ceiling going in although not sure whT to do it but with yet... any recommendations

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
It's not overly deep up above but storage is a plan

Would still like summat for a ceiling effect on the lower side tho just want it to be relatively light in weight and white or paintable

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
It's not overly deep up above but storage is a plan

Would still like summat for a ceiling effect on the lower side tho just want it to be relatively light in weight and white or paintable
I plasterboarded a laundry section of my garage , it's light grey colour almost white. Wouldn't need painted but could do if wanted.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Building control made me put a plasterboard ceiling on my garage, but that was in 2002.
Something to do with fire resistance (which is why I wouldn't recommend plywood @Nicky and @GazEP3. Just saying)

Nigelo

RMS Regular
20161001_104010.jpg

Tidied up the garage a little, but need to come up with a better hose setup for the powerwasher (nilfisk one is a awkward plastic coated one). Would like to keep the power-washer permanently plumbed in, and just be able to unroll the high pressure hose line from a reel or something. And then something for the garden tools.

Hate the 2 single doors - one is v close to the electric box and then the boiler in a enclosed space and limits space on that side, and the staircase in a problem on the other side. One big double would've been so much better, but if it involves a beam to sort it I couldn't be bothered.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Well not so much a bench or indeed a garage YET. Been working in the garden as and when I can get a chance at weekends since July holidays.

So far have managed to level and stone the site. And have just finished building a retaining wall around perimeter.
Before
IMG_20160711_162304.jpg

After
IMG_20160716_102533.jpg

Wall
IMG_20161002_180800.jpg

Planing next to order a steel shed and have been pricing them up at the minute.
Size is goin to be 7m x 8m deep and 4.5m At the peak (to allow for a 2 poster)

Anyone have any experience of these. In particular insulated vs non-insulated etc. Getting exciting now as nearly at the stage of ordering.

Attachments

• IMG_20160714_130114.jpg
    IMG_20160714_130114.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Collage 2016-07-17 22_44_13.jpg
    Collage 2016-07-17 22_44_13.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 82

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
My garage is still in a bit of a mess with stuff sitting on the floor but managed to get it a little tidier today and squeeze two cars in there! Still a bit or room left too.....
garage.jpg

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Well not so much a bench or indeed a garage YET. Been working in the garden as and when I can get a chance at weekends since July holidays.

So far have managed to level and stone the site. And have just finished building a retaining wall around perimeter.
Before
IMG_20160711_162304.jpg

After
IMG_20160716_102533.jpg

Wall
IMG_20161002_180800.jpg

Planing next to order a steel shed and have been pricing them up at the minute.
Size is goin to be 7m x 8m deep and 4.5m At the peak (to allow for a 2 poster)

Anyone have any experience of these. In particular insulated vs non-insulated etc. Getting exciting now as nearly at the stage of ordering.

How do you spec the retaining wall? I'd like to level my garden and it'd need a wall, but I've no idea what has to be put in? I assume you need a stronger wall for say a driveway than just holding a garden back?