Next Trackskills Track Day at Kirkistown is Sunday 25th September.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mk3doc

RMS Regular
Drives
mk3 tuebo /gti 1
@mk3doc Bit of a shocker on Sunday then! Glad you're ok, bloody horrible end to a days fun, cage is a must when you start pushing! The pic you posted on Cliosport, is it pick up on the offside rear tyre or has it delaminated, looks odd?

@spagball as @mike_2 said it's probably spot metering, when it's off the cam will focus on what's closest, turn it in and the focus will be well down the track, hope there's no serious damage, that's why I wouldn't put my road cars round there, Clio is for abusing :grinning:
I've only noticed that myself there now I'll have to look into that and see what it is lol. Thankfully the car started tonight oil pump housing has a crack in it but I've a spare one there so reshell will be coming very soon

MarkM

RMS Regular
I've only noticed that myself there now I'll have to look into that and see what it is lol. Thankfully the car started tonight oil pump housing has a crack in it but I've a spare one there so reshell will be coming very soon

Certainly looks like a chunk of tread missing there, may well explain it (y)

spagball

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
@mk3doc Bit of a shocker on Sunday then! Glad you're ok, bloody horrible end to a days fun, cage is a must when you start pushing! The pic you posted on Cliosport, is it pick up on the offside rear tyre or has it delaminated, looks odd?

@spagball as @mike_2 said it's probably spot metering, when it's off the cam will focus on what's closest, turn it on and the focus will be well down the track, hope there's no serious damage, that's why I wouldn't put my road cars round there, Clio is for abusing :grinning:
Not much damage thank god will try cam thing thanks

dufunk

RMS Regular

Short clip of a few slow laps I had after developing a warped disc which made it hairy in places celica could of been pushed a lot harder in corners surprised how well these gripped allow 3rd gear feels very long in the them not the best gear should of learnt to drop it into 2nd for hairpin.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Sorry about bright video think SD card corrupt or wrong positioning of cam?

Sorry dude, that one is 100% on you. Fair play for putting the video up though and be honest about it (y)

Basic track day rule - it is up to the overtaking car to make sure the overtake is safe. That was not safe. Neither was the run up the inside down at the hairpin before, a slip on the brakes there and it would be a t-bone.

Trust me, I know how frustrating it is when you feel the car in front is holding you up and not letting you pass, but that is trackdays for you. You get all sorts - the vast majority play along, a few don't, and some simply don't have the experience yet.

The main rule is not to hit anyone. Ever. Crash as much as you like, but never hit anyone else. There is no excuse.

Anyway, live and learn and all that, hope both of you made up and got sorted ok.

As for the video, with the camera that far inside the cabin, it thinks you are filming the interior and sets exposure accordingly. Because all sensors have a limited range that means the much brighter outside gets burned out.

Either move it further up to cover more of the windscreen and less of the interior. Or try to figure out a way of getting it to expose for the outside rather than the inside. Spot meter as mentioned above can help, as the camera will try to expose for a small portion in the centre of the picture instead of across the whole picture. Worth trying though it can cause other issues instead.

Nigel kyle

RMS Regular
Drives
Bmw m3 e46
Plan to be delboy with my new front discs. Couple of friends have hired the mx5 next month so should be fun.

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
[QUOTE="spagball, post: 3012153
Sorry about bright video think SD card corrupt or wrong positioning of cam?

Make sure you spot meter is set to on when recording from inside the car- gives the video a more natural look.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.