Vag com coding

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boksic

RMS Regular
I know there's a few VW beards on here so thought I would just ask incase it's a simple enough task. I'm good with computers and cars generally but nothing beats experience.

Basically I have a golf now, somebody has ****ed with it before and generally I like what has been done. No seat belt bongs, guide me home lights etc, mostly seems to suit me.

The only thing I don't like (so far) is that the front indicators have been programmed as some sort of driving/DLR function.
Indicators are on as long as any lights are on, then flash brighter when indicating.

I want to set this back to normal but keep all the rest of the light coding as it is.

Is there a guide anywhere that makes this easy, is it just a 0 instead of a 1?

From other posts about vw stuff, I've basically read that you copy your current setup, change the 1 setting that needs changed, paste it back, hit go. My mate has vagcom sitting in the box it was delivered in but haven't needed it yet to learn to use it.

Any help or pointing in the right direction appreciated.

@ruairi83 @Lyons or anyone else?

pablo

RMS Moderator
its easier than that now. you go into the module, select long coding helper and you can see the options laid out in front of you. Tick the option you want on or off and click Do it!

Most things work that way anyway, some still require knowing the 0/1 to set and where but even then its not too bad.

If I were you Id just throw someone a few quid to do it. For all the time you'll waste setting up VCDS etc (what vagcom is called now).

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
This is an actual labeled and marked checkbox in the central electrics module if I remember correctly so will be easy to find if you open up the long coding helper

Edit:
Module 09
Coding
Long Coding helper
Untick turn signal as running light

It's a mk5 yes?

Boksic

RMS Regular
OP
Boksic
Carista app and Bluetooth reader

Good man, he also happens to have the paid version of that.

If I were you Id just throw someone a few quid to do it. For all the time you'll waste setting up VCDS etc (what vagcom is called now).

Time spent learning isn't time wasted buddy.. Lol. Plus all the stuff is here and I'm actually interested in it.

It's a mk5 yes?

It is indeed a mk5, good man yourself!

@ruairi83
I knew you'd know the craic anyway, even if you were pipped at the post by Mr Floppyhat.

Much appreciated lads, saves me some googling!

Boksic

RMS Regular
OP
Boksic
You can turn off the seatbelt bong??

I might have to get a hold of vag com...

You can aye, although I do wear the belt, but there can be times its not needed and you don't want the car shouting at you.

Had this sorted in a couple of minutes, just used Carista which was grand function ways but very slow due to bluetooth/wireless connection. Hard wired anything is faster.

Cheers for the advice lads, though if I'd realised how simple it was I wouldn't have asked and looked like a dumbass!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I really need to disable the bong on my Leon, does my head in when moving the car or something.

I know on the older ones you just pulled the plug out of the seatbelt buckle, stopped the bong, and no lights on.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
I really need to disable the bong on my Leon, does my head in when moving the car or something.

Give me a shout tomorrow and ill come down and do it for you. I've Carista and the ODB reader up at the house.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Does any obd2 dongle work with carista or do you have to use theirs?

They state you need to use their own. Some folk get unlucky and the cheapo ones don't work, the one I have works fine though.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Give me a shout tomorrow and ill come down and do it for you. I've Carista and the ODB reader up at the house.

Can't do mods on the MK3 Leon with Carista app (unless you have the old beta which they never released the full version of).

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Can't do mods on the MK3 Leon with Carista app (unless you have the old beta which they never released the full version of).
Ah I'm on the beta myself, but hadnt realised that!

Thanks for the heads up :grinning:

dddrrift

RMS Regular
anyone know anything about coding VAG keys? I had a new key cut and coded which works fine, but the remote side of things seems to lose sync after being removed from the ignition after approx 15mins. I have to put it back in the ignition for it to work again? The car is a 2007 A4 B7.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.