Good daily yoke - £2k

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Taken a notion to get a daily runabout.

Preferably German and reasonably practical. Something I can fire a dog and some stinking MTB gear in giving too many frigs. B5.5 passat or something along those lines.

Cheers,
Ian

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Might change my daily.

20150825_135702_zps9af91cc2.jpg

130k on it and drives perfect.
£1500.

Ian A

RMS Regular
OP
Ian A
Drives
VW Golf GTI
They have their niggles but everything on them is dirt cheap and easy worked on. Far better driving thing than a Passat IMO. Has to be 6 pot though (petrol or diesel). I loved my last one, still gutted I don't have it. Good towing things too.

Aye, I would maybe take a punt on an estate one because even if it was a bit of a pain, I'd still have the estate practicality. Without it, meh.

Get a look at @mrloaf saab was owned by an enthusiast before him and looked after well. Great wagons for the money and miss mine.

Nice yoke, but not fussed on Saabs. Cheers anyway mate.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Accord 2.2 i-CTDI

Easily picked up for less, fairly frugal with decent amount of go and easy on bushes and parts providing you don't drive like I do.

Much less dated looking than anything else of similar price and a good executive sees you with leather, Sat nav, heated seats, parking sensors, auto wipers, etc

Ian A

RMS Regular
OP
Ian A
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Just bumping this up to see if anyone's got anything, thanks to guys above for replying previously.

Could maybe stretch to £3k for the right car.

Something VAG / German ideally.

johnm

RMS Regular
Accord 2.2 i-CTDI

Easily picked up for less, fairly frugal with decent amount of go and easy on bushes and parts providing you don't drive like I do.

Much less dated looking than anything else of similar price and a good executive sees you with leather, Sat nav, heated seats, parking sensors, auto wipers, etc

Hard to find though, only one I've seen lately is the red one on gumtree.....but it's pink, and a dose.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
V70 Volvo tickle your automotive zones? There's 70k on my work car and it's factory fresh!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I am selling my 2006 b5.5 Passat estate, Highline, 93k, towbar, heated black leather, grey metallic, 3 owners, just had both front wings repaired to sort the usual rust bubbles etc.

£1895 or thereabouts Ian.

Jeepers, id love to be looking for a cheap daily now!

Ian A

RMS Regular
OP
Ian A
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I am selling my 2006 b5.5 Passat estate, Highline, 93k, towbar, heated black leather, grey metallic, 3 owners, just had both front wings repaired to sort the usual rust bubbles etc.

£1895 or thereabouts Ian.

Sounds absolutely perfect. (y)

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Hope you don't mind me bumping this up? Looking something similar. Must be an estate. Can be petrol as long as its not £500 tax and does more than 25mpg.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.