New Focus Rs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
So mine arrived today, quite pleased indeed. . . .

And some of the interior detail:

Sorry for the quality of the pics I'm no photographer. I have to say the quality of the Otto models is top notch. I've also got the Mk1 RS Focus from them as well as a few others (106 Rallye for example) and would recommend them.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
So mine arrived today, quite pleased indeed. . . .

And some of the interior detail:

Sorry for the quality of the pics I'm no photographer. I have to say the quality of the Otto models is top notch. I've also got the Mk1 RS Focus from them as well as a few others (106 Rallye for example) and would recommend them.
Still not been allowed to open mine:worried:

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
From next month you will be able to get from Ford a 'drift stick' for your RS

zafturbo

RMS Regular
What’s everyones thoughts that have bought one .are they a good job after 6 months of ownership or are there any problems with them.there is loads forsale and still holding there money real well atm .

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Can’t help but think it should of left the showroom looking more like this
496C3314-CBFD-4EC5-8D76-5AE0E7355DE5.png
1CA4EBE5-6BFB-419D-8856-F4B42F8F96A0.png

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
What’s everyones thoughts that have bought one .are they a good job after 6 months of ownership or are there any problems with them.there is loads forsale and still holding there money real well atm .

There not great as std. a map and lowered makes some difference to them. I love mine and it brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.

Nigelo

RMS Regular

There's a lot to like about them, but some seem to be randomly affected by some sort of cylinder head issue which basically needs a replacement engine in most cases. Hard to know the likelihood of it happening though.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
There's a lot to like about them, but some seem to be randomly affected by some sort of cylinder head issue which basically needs a replacement engine in most cases. Hard to know the likelihood of it happening though.
Yeah, head gaskets and cracked blocks, why they didn't use the forged engine as seen on the Mazda's is beyond me.

Common enough issues and hard to get Ford to stand over also, I did have stats on it all from inside a Ford dealer on mainland but cant place them

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Yeah, head gaskets and cracked blocks, why they didn't use the forged engine as seen on the Mazda's is beyond me.

Common enough issues and hard to get Ford to stand over also, I did have stats on it all from inside a Ford dealer on mainland but cant place them
They stood over loads. Only of late they have said no to a few modified ones which I believe they have paid for in the end.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I would be very pissed if I bought a 3-5000 mile car a year old at 30k and the engine pooped itself and ford wouldn’t - argued they wouldn’t stand over it .i think I would actually at the thought of the repair bill .it would be towed a few miles away and used as a barbecue late at night .

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
They stood over loads. Only of late they have said no to a few modified ones which I believe they have paid for in the end.
few stock ones have been refused within the last 2 weeks - fighting ongoing

A fellow journo borrowed Ford UK's press car RS for a hill climb and she quit with terminal damage, the worst possible thing to happen in such hands in front of such an audience :worried:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
@Mark King how do they drive when being pushed on ,not on track but on a quick a-b blast .are they nose heavy into corners or do they drive a more rear wheel drive tail Happy way.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
few stock ones have been refused within the last 2 weeks - fighting ongoing

A fellow journo borrowed Ford UK's press car RS for a hill climb and she quit with terminal damage, the worst possible thing to happen in such hands in front of such an audience :worried:
On what grounds are they being refused .if it’s covered by a 3 year warrenty and it’s not heavy modified ,were do you stand .surely Ford have no grounds to refuse your repair .basically that rules out going revo ect to tune them and limits you to buying one with the mountune package then ,the 375 I think it is.thats a shame as I would be very easy changed into one very easily atm.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On what grounds are they being refused .if it’s covered by a 3 year warrenty and it’s not heavy modified ,were do you stand .surely Ford have no grounds to refuse your repair .basically that rules out going revo ect to tune them and limits you to buying one with the mountune package then ,the 375 I think it is.thats a shame as I would be very easy changed into one very easily atm.
I honestly have no idea, Revo can't be seen on the ECU i know that for a fact from a dealers demo car going into Ford, however a flash back to stock removes all trace.

MT stage 1 should be covered but MT stage 2 has never been warranted

I have done 1k miles in an RS over a weekend including some donegal rally stages and loved it, at speed they wander a bit but lowering and change of geometry sorts this, not once did it go sideways, very grounded and planted, to act the eejit you need to be driving like a hero

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
If Revo can't be seen on the ECU, why would you need to flash back to remove all trace?
Is increased hp the only 'trace'?
As Fords ability to see things may have been updated since the last time it couldn't be seen - at one point VAG dealers couldn't see software, they can now so always best to flash to stock to remove all doubt on the off-chance they may well now be able to see more

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
As Fords ability to see things may have been updated since the last time it couldn't be seen - at one point VAG dealers couldn't see software, they can now so always best to flash to stock to remove all doubt on the off-chance they may well now be able to see more
Speaking of Revo...any sign of my software yet? :weary_face:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.