Focus RS

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Some folk complain of noises and it being worse in sport mode. The last I had read was advice to check on the power steering fluid and top it up (that's from the focus RS forum).

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
OP
collyirwin11
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Some folk complain of noises and it being worse in sport mode. The last I had read was advice to check on the power steering fluid and top it up (that's from the focus RS forum).

Will do. Was only in sport mode I noticed it, so took it back out of it. Will check that tomorrow if I get a chance. Cheers

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Apparently I broke it lol. @g4ost s does it as well as far as I know.

Mine makes very similar noises to my very first focus (bog standard zetec) but not quite the same noises as the other folk on the forum had. I'd planned on just getting the power steering fluid changed when it's getting serviced (y)

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
It's winking at you!greens the colour
IMG_7920.PNG

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Awesome, that carwe mapped today might be going 4+ which will make it a mental going thing, just needs pump and injectors

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Poor @collyirwin11 is having his thread hijacked! But yes if anyone is changing their pump then I'd recommend the RS500 one (but most are put off with the £1500+ price tag).

Some are running over 400bhp on standard pump and injectors, others are changing them at high 300s. I bought a good aftermarket pump but although the flow rate is excellent, it won't provide enough pressure so I've to compensate by moving to bigger injectors.

Just be careful with any mapping, mine was dangerously lean without anyone's knowledge and thankfully I took it to get the fuelling checked shortly after I bought it or it couldve ended up with an expensive repair.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Be careful with the pump,there is a lot of **** out there. They say the only one to have is the rs500 one.

You have PM, we have a handful of stage 4 cars with no issues. back to thread i guess

Last edited:

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Likewise @collyirwin11, I've always said they were one of my dream cars regardless of supercars etc, and yours is absolutely perfect! Best colour, love the leather seats, and I'm sure the Mountune kit really brings it alive. After many years of wanting one I've recently just bought a facelift ST, but would still love to own an RS someday. Let me know when you're selling it... :p