F1 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevyg

RMS Regular
IMG_6956.JPG
IMG_6955.JPG
Oh my great track but do you really need 20 ft wide red curbs ..... its America
I think the painted run offs are stunning.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Told the wife I ought to go down and piss in Nicos fuel tank tonight, she looked at me and with a serious face said, take a sh1t in his helmet too.
Just watched Taylor Swift so hopefully that's all my disappointment over for this weekend.

pablo

RMS Moderator
so Lewis done everything by the book, we got robbed of a little last 10 laps fun by the safety car but job done. Rinse repeat and hope Nico gets a DNF.

WTF was max doing? Did he think he could limp to the pits and get it fixed? He really did ruin Ricciardo race but imo he was only ever coming 3rd anyway.

Alonso was on fire, great result for him.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Pretty much, yes (y)

Nico nabbed second without even trying, and certainly without putting any stress at all on the car. RB did a great job challenging until Max messed up by coming in unannounced, but really they were racing flat out to keep up with Nico just cruising in the Merc on Eco mode... Nico was always going to end up second at worst no matter what.

An engine blow-up is the only way he will not be champion this year. And he will be cruising in Eco mode in every remaining race to make sure that does not happen. Even fluffed starts will make no difference.

Whereas all it takes for Lewis is one more fluffed Merc start and that is it, any hope at all gone.

Here's hoping for a big puff of smoke from Nico's car, lol :laughing:

Dave..

RMS Regular
Pretty much, yes (y)

Nico nabbed second without even trying, and certainly without putting any stress at all on the car. RB did a great job challenging until Max messed up by coming in unannounced, but really they were racing flat out to keep up with Nico just cruising in the Merc on Eco mode... Nico was always going to end up second at worst no matter what.

An engine blow-up is the only way he will not be champion this year. And he will be cruising in Eco mode in every remaining race to make sure that does not happen. Even fluffed starts will make no difference.

Whereas all it takes for Lewis is one more fluffed Merc start and that is it, any hope at all gone.

Here's hoping for a big puff of smoke from Nico's car, lol :laughing:

I would like Nico to win this year, might make Lewis more focused next year,.....................

pablo

RMS Moderator
interesting comment on one of the boards that Nico was flat out trying to reel Lewis in from a 10s lead in the last number of laps. Considering a DNF is the only thing that will realistically allow Lewis to win it seemed very stupid. Or maybe he knew HIS car wouldn't explode for no reason. just saying like.

Reactions: DC.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Still peddling the Hamilton conspiracy angle? Come on now, have a think for a moment about how ludicrous that would be for Mercedes to pay Hamilton 7 figures then conspire against him

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't think he was pushing very hard at any stage, apart from very briefly in the first corner against Ric. Before catching himself on, slotting in behind, knowing he would be past before the end without even breaking a sweat, lol :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fact, I think Singapore was the only race where he lost on his own accord, and not a fluffed Merc start or some other technical issue? But then my memory is poor :grinning:

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Predictions this evening guys? Getting settled on the sofa here.

Nico can with the championship if he wins and Lewis comes 10th or worse.………… (fingers crossed lol)

Ferraris ahould be quick off the start.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Predictions this evening guys? Getting settled on the sofa here.

Nico can with the championship if he wins and Lewis comes 10th or worse.………… (fingers crossed lol)

Ferraris ahould be quick off the start.
Really don't want it won today. Even if Nico (boooo) wins I want it to be at the last race.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Can't see it anyway @weeloaney but you'd never know. Stranger things have happened (Lewis blown engine cough cough) lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.