Stupid Question....Tyre Pressure's??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything Boring
So yeah bit of a silly question,

I've a 2012 Vw Caddy, on the standard 15" steel wheels Vw recommend 35psi front and 36psi rear.
Ive taken them off and fitted mk6 Golf alloys, 16". What pressures should i be running now. I do fairly big miles so want to make sure and get it right.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
So yeah bit of a silly question,

I've a 2012 Vw Caddy, on the standard 15" steel wheels Vw recommend 35psi front and 36psi rear.
Ive taken them off and fitted mk6 Golf alloys, 16". What pressures should i be running now. I do fairly big miles so want to make sure and get it right.
The same pressure would be close enough. Not huge difference it tyre size.

Does the sticker on the van not give sizes for 15 and 16inch? Thought a new van like that could come with bigger sizes from factory.

Anyway as long as there not stupidly hard or soft you'll be alright.

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
OP
k20_chunky
Drives
Anything Boring
Didn't think it would much of a difference but just dont want to be going through tyres!!
Think it only gives the option for the 15" standard wheels on the sticker, must check again though.

Debaser

RMS Regular
Drives
Kuga ST-Line X
Are you carrying much load in the Caddy?
You would need to make sure the wheels and tyres are suitably load rated

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
OP
k20_chunky
Drives
Anything Boring

Naw i don't carry anything in the back at all, I use it as a car so not worries about load rating

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Legally and for MOT....does matter whether laden or unladen. Tyres are supposed to be rated correctly based on the laden weight etc.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.