Heatmiser NeoStat

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
This is a spare we have left over from our new house.

Excellent piece of kit and easy to use both on the unit and remotely via the app.

EE76183B-087B-424B-8731-A32B15C76D80_zps0vswcnxs.jpg

£40

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes it needs wired in ok place of an existing thermostat. Then I believe you need a hub to allow app control.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Take it the heating system would need to be relatively modern for this kind of stuff? Mine is getting on a bit.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Yeah @Marc , my heating system is probably a good 20 years old now so I doubt the automation stuff would work.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Ah, no worries. Thanks both for the reply but sounds like a bit more hassle to install than I would like.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Yeah @Marc , my heating system is probably a good 20 years old now so I doubt the automation stuff would work.
Doesn't need to be a new system, we have the model before this heatmiser wifi thermostat hooked into our 20 year old oil boiler... if you have an existing old style thermostat dial like below, then all you need to do is replace it, and install a simple wifi controller.

FFsOcTF.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
@Lyons , you have any links to the other bits of your kit that I'd need along with this? I would be interested in getting this off you depending on the costs involved on the rest?

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Pretty sure that's the one we had in our hall.... we placed the heatmiser there, we also had a digital controller in the kitchen which we replaced with the wifi conntroller, which connects the controller in the hall to the boiler, so we can control the heating and the water etc.

Here's the link we have in the kitchen that connects it all to wifi - Heatmiser RF-Switch - Two Channel Receiver

HM.RF_Link_ANGLE.SCREEN_82711__89698.1443021810.1280.1280.png

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Checked under the stairs this morning and we have a UH1 (no idea what it does) and then the home hub above.

They're easy to swap over, but you'd be safer checking with Heatmiser if the UH1 is needed as I know nothing about it!

Conzy

RMS Regular
Sorry to hijack a for sale thread but you have got me interested in this now! How are you getting on with it, is it much better than a normal thermostat and timer setup so you think?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
We've more than 4 zones, it only 4 of them have these NeoStats that we can control via the phone; 1 controls all the bedroom radiators upstairs, another in the kitchen/living/dining (just to save getting up off the sofa to change it:party:), 1 for hot water and 1 for radiators in bathrooms.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Bump, £30.

The UH1 I mentioned is for our underfloor, so if you were looking to fit this in a room with radiators you'd just need the stat and the neohub, not the UH1.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.