a-kem automotive

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Regarding the Ultra Gloss, do you apply that to the car when it is wet or dry?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Highly recommended coupled with your snowfoam over the top to dwell.

Never realised you could combine the two like that, makes life easier (y)

So basically apply articulate, then foam on top, and then power wash? So far I have been power washing in between, will try your method next time :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Regarding the Ultra Gloss, do you apply that to the car when it is wet or dry?

Just spray on top of the wet car, and then rinse immediately with an open hose or similar. You can see it work straight away as it is applied.

Don't let it dry on the car, don't use it too concentrated (see bottle for dilutions).

It is brilliant stuff (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I usually do the whole car, then go round and rinse. Is that too long? I assume if you can see it afterwards then yes it was?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Never realised you could combine the two like that, makes life easier (y)

So basically apply articulate, then foam on top, and then power wash? So far I have been power washing in between, will try your method next time :grinning:
That's what I do now, articulate on for few minutes to dwell then on with snow foam left for another few minutes while sorting buckets etc if your hand washing and then hose off.

Articulate and snow foam then power hosed house off is all the washing I do atm lol buckets are redundant in winter lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I usually do the whole car, then go round and rinse. Is that too long? I assume if you can see it afterwards then yes it was?

I do this too, seems ok at this time of year, too cold for it to dry :grinning: Suspect it may be best to do it in sections come the warmer months.

If it is not rinsed off well or left to dry, then there may be "streaks" left. Does no harm, just washes off, but obviously we want a nice finish so rinsing well is the key I think.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hello everyone again!

Yes, my method for washing is:

Apply articulate and allow a couple of minutes to dwell
Apply UltraFoam and allow a few minutes to dwell
(Make up bucket of gleam if I am hand washing, but during the week I normally skip this step)
Rinse

UltraGloss whole car
Rinse

Proper touchless wash Which leaves it nearly perfect.

In summer I apply articulate and UltraFoam within a shorter timer period.

Science bit is that a sprayed product has better and more even coverage and does the 'cleaning' in comparison to just a foam.
UltraFoam allows the articulate to stay wetter and In contact for longer, therefore longer dwell time allowing the chemical to work and less physical (therefore less marr inducing) work.

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
@Turks it says 80:1, 80 parts water to 1 part Articulate but as @weeloaney says I mix mine a bit stronger lol

IMG_3391.JPG

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Also, whilst washing mrs pimp's car and then mine earlier I thought why not show my drying towels in action so made a short video to help people make a decision!

Tell you what. It's not easy doing it with one hand whilst recording with the other!

Only thing was I had already dried Mrs pimps car already using the waffle weave, whereas the other two were dry

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Hello mate. Yes, I have a product called biosan which @Graham uses in his pen

Perhaps he can help elaborate?
Yes the Biosan i have been using a coupe of years now and recently got a gallon for the dog sitter and she loves it.

when i ran outy i would have used neat bleach and had to do it 3-4 times a week to keep on top of the smell, the biosan i can get away with once a week and a quick hose down daily with just water.

it also waters down loads meaning a gallon could last ages, i am tepmted to get a wee suction bottle for the hose meaning everytime i hose it gets a quick scent of bubblegum and germs killed.

simy

RMS Regular
Had some product left over after washing mine so decided to test how good this stuff is. I spied my mum's CRV and it was honking.
20170122_125456.jpg

Articulate for five mins then Ultrafoam on top for another five as per BPs instructions above. And viola, it's not immaculate but it's a hell of a lot better than before.
20170122_125534.jpg