Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
@Dezzer-D They are great cameras but I get dab interference with it due to rear camera. I've fitted ferrites and it's helped a bit. Only grip I can think of? My one is hard wired in by @pobmk4 and it's a nice and tidy setup.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
They are great cameras but I get dab interference with it due to rear camera. I've fitted ferrites and it's helped a bit. Only grip I can think of? My one is hard wired in by @pobmk4 and it's a nice and tidy setup.

The DAB interference is putting me off slightly as it'll be going in a MK 7 Golf. Had read some people's posts about ferrite cables fixing it but sounds like it doesn't? I quite like the idea of parking mode

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
The DAB interference is putting me off slightly as it'll be going in a MK 7 Golf. Had read some people's posts about ferrite cables fixing it but sounds like it doesn't? I quite like the idea of parking mode

The ferrites defo help but still get interference.
If I was going to get it again I'd just get front facing one and no rear. Darren91 has that in his A4 and no interference at all.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Second car @saxo_man by any chance?!

No front spots and silver wheels.
IMG_1677.JPG

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Still bound to be some broken ribs there ! He didnt jump to the other side of the bus.

Gotta wonder how the hell anyone would end up doing that though.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
You'd think police would have backed off from a chase in what is clearly a well built up area and the speed at which the Rav4 was driving ?

Many have been killed in scenarios like that

NotKG

Banned
GS8000 Car DVR Video Recorder Vehicle Camera Dvrs 2.7'' LCD Full HD1080P with Night Vision Cycle Recording Dash Cam-in Car DVRs from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
i bought 4 of these about 3 years ago. (now! no longer available from that supplier)
i'm on the 4th one now. ,
*one died,
*one lasted 2 years
and the battery went and couldn't loop the video because of the date stored,
*one hit the dash on a T bone accident. and i reset it but it must have got damaged internally,
*currently on the 4th, and it's up about 4 months .
here is a sample video off the model i got.
supports 32gb card, set of full hd and sound on , , , about 5 hours loop.

search :
gl8000, they're £ 15-18 now .

worth buying 2-3 , chance you take with "cheap" ,, but pretty good for cheap too

NotKG

Banned
unreal, i'm old enough to know the sh1t went on round bangor in the 80's, and we thought it was funny and good criac, now it's bloody dangerous just caus it was caught on camera.
anyone remember the millisle car park drag racing, ? down to the bottom, round a cone and back up.... hundreds standing along side, seen a car or 2 do it with baby seats in the back, and the babies lol
hypocrites now lol
there was cameras flashing everywhere,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, any pics ;-) ??

NotKG

Banned
i think the silver car crashing is a bigger problem than some silly R driver who overtook and drove on the wrong side, stupid i know (both) but no one swirved or hit the R driver and they pretty much ****ed up Big Style on cam.
i'm guilty of a lot worse, i raise my hands.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
i think the silver car crashing is a bigger problem than some silly R driver who overtook and drove on the wrong side, stupid i know (both) but no one swirved or hit the R driver and they pretty much ****ed up Big Style on cam.
i'm guilty of a lot worse, i raise my hands.

well, its difficult to know for sure from a few short videos, but I disagree. The silver car perhaps simply had a one-off f*ckup, maybe mis judged the turn (perhaps first time on the road) or perhaps the road was slippery for other reasons, or maybe they stabbed the brakes a bit too hard when they saw the lorry. The R driver in the other video is in an entirely different league of dangerous. not only went well outside their speed limit but they literally came within inches of a high speed and almost certainly fatal head on collision on a busy road and the brow of the hill, likely would have led to a multi-car accident. The best bit, not deterred, they keep on gong attempting to continue to make the pass. Every decision made by the R driver is contrary to what 99.9% of the driving public would do. i can't decide whether its sheer arrogance and purposeful disregard for road safety or literally someone who's complete and utter pig-sh*t thick. That driver will be doing stuff like this on a regular basis unless theyre stopped.