People who can't park their fingers up their hole's thread..

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Yeah lesson learned indeed but he made me feel like I committed murder :worried:

Yeah I hate that feeling. It's a bit of a roller coaster from the polite "Hello sir is this your car" and the "Do you mind telling me why....." and then you're made to feel disproportionately bad, like you've just done something horrific and shameful, then in the end they dial it back down and let you go. You get back into your car feeling like you need a drink lol :party:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I used to park on them on the time when calling in to the Mandarin City to collect an order. Never an issue at night for 5 minutes, or on a Sunday morning either you would've thought.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
It was Sunday morning before 9am, I just assumed it was ok to park there briefly to grab a coffee. As stated, I wouldn't during the week or saturdays.

It was a genuine question, not having a go. So you thought it was like a clearway, only applicable Mon-Fri 8-6 or whatever?

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
It was Sunday morning before 9am, I just assumed it was ok to park there briefly to grab a coffee. As stated, I wouldn't during the week or saturdays.
Looks like a main road and even worse it's just after a set of lights. I don't understand how you could think it was ok, as common sense Should've kicked in. Honestly not having a go. Just seems straight forward that you shouldn't have parked there ( regardless of day or time) and you where lucky not to get done with cop.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'd take the bollocking and count myself lucky. It's 3 points and a £60 for parking on Zig Zag lines I believe. Considered to be leaving a vehicle in a dangerous position as it blockes views for pedestrians trying to cross the road. More of an issue with big vans, 4x4s etc than cars really but an issue none the less.

Ant

RMS Regular
Jesus lads he parked on a road when it was pretty much dead on a sunday morning to grab a takeaway coffee...
i don't think he's claiming he knew it was ok, just didn't expect that level of bollocking for it

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Jesus lads he parked on a road when it was pretty much dead on a sunday morning to grab a takeaway coffee...
i don't think he's claiming he knew it was ok, just didn't expect that level of bollocking for it
I know exactly what your saying but it was still wrong and he should've known that. He is lucky he only got a bollocking and not points with fine to be totally honest. Fair play to him for admitting where he parked.

What's funny on here is that if @Brennan did this there would be 12 Pages of slagging lol but as Boydie is one of the RMS massive it's totally fine he parked on zig zags/main road to get a coffee.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Parking on a zig zag at 8am on a Sunday isn't comparable to blocking the entrance to a busy shop at a peak time.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Parking on a zig zag at 8am on a Sunday isn't comparable to blocking the entrance to a busy shop at a peak time.
Your correct about his parking and he defo deserved to be slagged and fined but it's just funny on here how people don't do the same
To RMS crew. Time and day is irrelevant due to it still being illegally parked. Probably why he got a roasting from cop. Sure if it was ok the cops would just stopped there for their coffee.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, it's not the same but! If Boydie had parked across the front of a shop he would've got justified abuse. It's nothing to do with the "RMS crew". What you're trying to get across would be correct if he parked in the same place as Brennan, and no one commented. 8-(

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Lol, it's not the same but! If Boydie had parked across the front of a shop he would've got justified abuse. It's nothing to do with the "RMS crew". What you're trying to get across would be correct if he parked in the same place as Brennan, and no one commented. 8-(
Ok, forget about Brennan. Was it ok for him to park where he did? Regardless of day or time. If it was, he wouldn't have got a roasting from the cop.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Yeah but don't forget Brennan also took the time to take a picture of his car too as well as going into the shop.

What's even funnier is he was only caught and abused on here because I posted his own picture on instagram and someone posted it LOL
I was wrong to mention mr BMW lol. He did deserve it considering above lol

Ant

RMS Regular
I know exactly what your saying but it was still wrong and he should've known that. He is lucky he only got a bollocking and not points with fine to be totally honest. Fair play to him for admitting where he parked.

What's funny on here is that if @Brennan did this there would be 12 Pages of slagging lol but as Boydie is one of the RMS massive it's totally fine he parked on zig zags/main road to get a coffee.

in fairness i'm not a member of any clique on here, i'm not that into cars even
whose got RMS massive membership so i know for future?

anyway on a sunday morning at that time, i don't think i'd be filled with rage seeing someone parked there... probably not bat an eye tbh, at least not on the levels of taking up two spaces or a disabled slot which i never think there is an excuse for.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ok, forget about Brennan. Was it ok for him to park where he did? Regardless of day or time. If it was, he wouldn't have got a roasting from the cop.

I really couldn't be arsed debating it any further to be honest!

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW

You're absolutely right, one rule for one, and one for another. I'm sure there'd be some derogatory term against my brand of car too.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Yeah but don't forget Brennan also took the time to take a picture of his car too as well as going into the shop.

What's even funnier is he was only caught and abused on here because I posted his own picture on instagram and someone posted it LOL
There's such a thing as photoshop, don't believe everything you read lol