ISLE OF MAN TT

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Few of us are looking to go over to see the racing this year, trying to do it as cheap as possible as its close to the North west 200. Could any one give me some recomendations of the best days to go over and where you could camp. We are hoping to go over for about 3 days.

Thanks

dddrrift

RMS Regular
3 days wont be enough that's for sure! just make sure its race week you go!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Yeah make sure you catch race week, although mad Sunday was awesome too. We done a week the first year and 2 weeks the year after, 2 weeks camping was definitely too much!

If you're looking to go out at night, try and get a campsite near Douglas as getting home when the bars close is a nightmare. Had many a good nigh tin Legends and Quids inn lol.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
How are you getting over?
Steam Packet mostly booked up...
The guy I went with last year has sold his boat!

niallspence

RMS Regular
Drives
ST RS/FN2/GsxR
I'm heading for race week. We reserved a spot on the boat last May....have to pay the sum this week i think it is. Have a house booked, but my views so far are, that its impossible to do cheaply. Get on to Steam Packet this week and see what the score is.

J55NI

RMS Regular
I'm heading for race week. We reserved a spot on the boat last May....have to pay the sum this week i think it is. Have a house booked, but my views so far are, that its impossible to do cheaply. Get on to Steam Packet this week and see what the score is.
Has to be paid by 28th Feb :grinning:.

You are correct its impossible to do it cheaply, I've been going myself for around 20 years now and wouldn't miss it myself .

niallspence

RMS Regular
Drives
ST RS/FN2/GsxR
Has to be paid by 28th Feb :grinning:.

You are correct its impossible to do it cheaply, I've been going myself for around 20 years now and wouldn't miss it myself .

Happy days...I've a month longer than what i thought!!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Looking for sailings yesterday and most were booked up, I'll maybe just have to get on it asap for next year and be a bit more prepared.

migs

RMS Regular
Going over for my 11th time this year... I wouldn't miss it for the world. We booked May 2016 for 2017, just paid the balance this week. If you are keen on going, get onto steampacket website or Nutt Travel 6th March 1st thing in the morning as they filter out all the guys who haven't taken up their original booking and re-issue the spaces, but be quick they won't be available for long!

Bora_Benz

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Golf,848 Evo
The metzeler village is decent value and well set up if you haven's sorted any accommodation. No need to worry about hauling a tent about either as they supply it all

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Bumping this thread.
Im looking into going over to the TT next year with a couple of mates and id like to get booked asap.
Got the boat details etc but just looking to see where people stay?
Any suggestions? Camping or hotel?
Im happy to camp so just looking advice on where to camp and where is a good spot.
Cheers

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Bumping this thread.
Im looking into going over to the TT next year with a couple of mates and id like to get booked asap.
Got the boat details etc but just looking to see where people stay?
Any suggestions? Camping or hotel?
Im happy to camp so just looking advice on where to camp and where is a good spot.
Cheers

Just back this morning and couldn't recommend it enough. I stayed here in 2019 and it was great, fantastic location being close to the pits, shops and Douglas. The facilities were decent, clean showers and sockets to charge your phone.

But I stayed in a very basic hostel in Ramsey this year and it was a game changer. I don't think I could go back to camping, especially if it's a washout.

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
We are staying here at the minute, having organised it at relatively short notice (for the TT).

The site is on a rugby pitch at quarterbridge, good showers, plugs to charge phone and there are a few food options at the rugby club. The only downside is that it is a bit of a trek into Douglas if walking, about 25 minutes to the prom and 30 minutes to the pits. A taxi is only about £8-£10 so we’ve been doing that in the evening.

I’d definitely recommend coming over based on our experience so far, everyone is really friendly and the island has been great.

If you are thinking ferry and hotel you need to be booking now for next year.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Thanks for the links @Enda & @Captain Starlet il check them out.
What was the hotel you stayed in?
Id be looking to get booked asap as i was reading up that it all sells out so quickly.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Just to update this. Got the boat & camping at Silly Moos booked👍
Now to workout how to load all the gear onto the RR😂

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Anyone heading over to the TT?
We away over next weekend for 4days, need to do a trail fit with the tailbag on the bike this week.