Help! Light kerbing on new alloy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zwecker

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk4 Golf TDI
Yes Im an idiot.

I was reversing back off a kerb when the alloy slipped off sideways and has scuffed the wheel.

They are new directionals with low profile tyres. The kerbing is very very minor. Only about 2mm wide and 1mm deep but it runs about 8 inches around the outer edge of the rim. Worth getting the whole wheel done, or, could the rough be sanded and touched in with a kit?

Also.

Has anyone ever used one of those repair kits and thought anything of them?

TIA

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I would speak with one of the companies that refurbs wheels. If it only needs a relatively small repair then the cost & turnaround might not be all that much as it won't need a complete overhaul.

I'd recommend giving Nu Luk a ring (y) nulukwheel50009890-248046-sml-1

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
A couple of my Cadiz's need done too but not sure whether to bother or not as I'd hate them to be kerbed again!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
A couple of my Cadiz's need done too but not sure whether to bother or not as I'd hate them to be kerbed again!

For the length of time a polished/diamond cut finish lasts even when looked after, the cost of a refurb on a polished rim and the cost of a 'relpica' I think I'd be going the 'replica' route @Lyons.

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The Cadiz is diamond cut, so its lacquered over.

Could never bring myself to get a replica anyway!

polishingalloys

RMS Trader
Drives
subaru impreza
For the length of time a polished finish lasts even when looked after, the cost of a refurb on a polished rim and the cost of a 'relpica' I think I'd be going the 'replica' route @Lyons.
All china one alloys with diamond cut finish start to corrodded under lacquer after 3 months and u not get warranty from supplier. So don't think is worth buy new wheels from china

NotKG

Banned
All china one alloys with diamond cut finish start to corrodded under lacquer after 3 months and u not get warranty from supplier. So don't think is worth buy new wheels from china

can you polish silver edges onto existing motorbike alloys? the existing paint is ok, i just want them edged , , , , , , , , , or do they need painted after.
and if so how much for 2 bike wheels.

polishingalloys

RMS Trader
Drives
subaru impreza
can you polish silver edges onto existing motorbike alloys? the existing paint is ok, i just want them edged , , , , , , , , , or do they need painted after.
and if so how much for 2 bike wheels.
Pm or txt me 07792101355 with pics or so

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.