a-kem automotive

Ghost

RMS Regular
I'm chomping at the bit. Not here yet. Thoughts Big Pimp was hand delivering it today but not so lucky. Lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Back from another trip to the English countryside - "green and pleasant land" my backside, lol, more like "brown muddy quagmire" :-# Decided to spare @big_pete the honours this time, lol - bad call! :p

P1100608.JPG

A good 45 minutes of power hosing later:
P1100611.JPG

Articulate and foam, this stuff really is the proverbial dog's. See, she is blue!
P1100614.JPG

Gleam, and gloss:
P1100618.JPG

And then another good hour to clean up this mess! Good lord, Pete gets to do it next time :cool:
P1100625.JPG

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Had a customer in today buying 5L of Ultrafoam and 5L of UltraGloss and she was saying how great the products were, they use it for their farm machinery and she commented on how much easier the products make keeping on top of the cleaning.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Back from another trip to the English countryside - "green and pleasant land" my backside, lol, more like "brown muddy quagmire" :-# Decided to spare @big_pete the honours this time, lol - bad call! :p

View attachment 135551

A good 45 minutes of power hosing later:
View attachment 135552

Articulate and foam, this stuff really is the proverbial dog's. See, she is blue!
View attachment 135553

Gleam, and gloss:
View attachment 135555

And then another good hour to clean up this mess! Good lord, Pete gets to do it next time :cool:
View attachment 135558

I'd have been stopping at the local petrol station to wash that off first, never mind making a mess of the driveway... :scream:

Ghost

RMS Regular
Had a customer in today buying 5L of Ultrafoam and 5L of UltraGloss and she was saying how great the products were, they use it for their farm machinery and she commented on how much easier the products make keeping on top of the cleaning.
Farm machinery getting a glossing? Jeeeez. Who said farmers get it tough? Eh?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lazer is amazing stuff, try it before the acid. Just spray on, agitate with a dishbrush or similar if it is really bad, and hose off. Totally non-toxic, no fumes, and won't damage anything else. Seriously good on any kind of grease/oil/fuel stains/etc., including dried up oil and muck.

Articulate TFR is superb too for all kinds of general dirt and grime.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Lazer is amazing stuff, try it before the acid. Just spray on, agitate with a dishbrush or similar if it is really bad, and hose off. Totally non-toxic, no fumes, and won't damage anything else. Seriously good on any kind of grease/oil/fuel stains/etc., including dried up oil and muck.

Articulate TFR is superb too for all kinds of general dirt and grime.
Good stuff was reading the labels. The lazer will suit cleaning the trailer floor to!!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Delighted to hear that you guys are all getting the products delivered.

@Ghost - I popped you envelope in the post yesterday myself so you,should definitely be getting it today!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Good stuff was reading the labels. The lazer will suit cleaning the trailer floor to!!

Lazer will clean anything, from seriously oily/greasy/gunky car parts and bikes to the kitchen, lol :grinning: Just spray on and wipe/hose off.

Articulate will do cars, bikes, paving slabs, even bathroom tiles/hand basin/etc. Try that for the trailer floor - again just spray on, work it over with a brush in the case of the floor, and hose off.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
looking for a few unbiased reviews on articulate before I order 25litres guys,

Currently using anachem snowfoam and find it is a good job but I don't find any snowfoam too effective on wheels or bug splatter tbh

Does articulate do a good job on wheels and bug splatter in the warmer months?

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36

Currently using anachem snowfoam and find it is a good job but I don't find any snowfoam too effective on wheels or bug splatter tbh

It's great IMO. Articulate/snowfoam and a quick powerhose and the cars 95% done in the summer. Winter tends to require a stronger mix but it still works well.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR

Short answer: Yes!

I just learned you can combine them - spray on Articulate, then foam on top, do whatever you already do with the foam (sponge/mit, or just power wash), job done. Work brilliantly together.

As for wheels, articulate and power house alone make them clean enough for me at least. And I get a lot of brake dust, especially on the fronts. Would be tooth brush time to improve on it.

Same with rubber/oil/tar from trackdays, never mind the winter grime. Articulate deals with the lot.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i

I find the Autobrite Britegel that @Woodcutter sells great for wheels, the BMW ones gather alot of brake dust. As @svensktoppen says though, articulate and snowfoam is more that enough to pass for clean with most people, I'm just picky.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The equivalent of Autobrite for wheels would be Ross' Ultrabrite, basically acid.

For me, the Articulate TFR and a sponge does the same job as the acid cleaners, but without having to mess about with acids and other nasties. But like you say, if you really want that extra shine and don't mind the acid then Ultrabrite or equivalent does the job.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
I still clean the wheels afterwards with shampoo and a mitt, but im just on about prewash stages guys to remove 90% of the grime

what ratio are you guys using in a pump sprayer?

I do car valeting so like to speed up the process as much as possible whilst obviously being as efficient and effective as possible

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
I still clean the wheels afterwards with shampoo and a mitt, but im just on about prewash stages guys to remove 90% of the grime

what ratio are you guys using in a pump sprayer?

I do car valeting so like to speed up the process as much as possible whilst obviously being as efficient and effective as possible

Depends really, I probs use about 25:1 because I'm rash and can't be bothered measuring properly but most folks use between 50 - 80:1 depending on the state of the car.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Thank you all for the support

@euge07 - I'll refrain to comment to leave your question impartial, but I'd confidently demo articulate against any competitors product and know that it would work at the very least as well as any similar product, but know it would be superior.

Your findings are absolutely correct too - no 'snow foam' product will be properly effective on their own against bug splatter etc.

I've explained the science a few posts back, but basically my method of spraying articulate, leaving it to dwell (importantly without letting it dry in) then foaming and allowing the two combined products to do their work, and finally rinsing will give you about a 95% touchlesd wash.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
but im just on about prewash stages guys to remove 90% of the grime

It will be perfect for that, even just Articulate and a power wash takes away most of it on the wheels except maybe the bits stuck in awkward corners in the wheels (y) Even huge amounts of brake dust from track days, rubber/tar/oil from race tracks, winter grime and summer bugs, etc.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Got my starter pack today, excellent service from Ross and all the goodies make it superb value for money (y) My car is filthy, worse than I've ever let a car get within the last 10 years so looking forward to giving the Articulate / Ultrafoam combo a go on Saturday morning if it's dry. I'll settle for 95% clean for a touchless wash until the spring

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Thank you all for the support

@euge07 - I'll refrain to comment to leave your question impartial, but I'd confidently demo articulate against any competitors product and know that it would work at the very least as well as any similar product, but know it would be superior.

Your findings are absolutely correct too - no 'snow foam' product will be properly effective on their own against bug splatter etc.

I've explained the science a few posts back, but basically my method of spraying articulate, leaving it to dwell (importantly without letting it dry in) then foaming and allowing the two combined products to do their work, and finally rinsing will give you about a 95% touchlesd wash.

Cheers Ross. Sounds good. I was told about how good another brand of a citrus pre wash was and how effective it was sp i bought it and used it a few times and it was just ok. Pretty poor on bug splatter tbh. And when your trying to get a few cars a day and safely you want the most effective products that are paint and lsp safe. Il send you an order through pm soon for some bits