Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Trying to plan the layout of the shed before it's even started is hateful

IMG_0431.JPG

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
No chance of putting the booth out in a side extension and leaving you with more prep area? Looks like a good size of shed but the booth just takes up so much room out of it that there will be no room to work around it..
Looking forward to seeing this go up. (y)

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Your own home spray booth? "Weeloaney West Coast Customs"
Still, fair play if you can do it. I'm crap at spraying so it would be no use to me anyway but I'd still love a spray booth.
I recall seeing one forsale somewhere for around £3k, must have a look on gumtree or donedeal, cant remember where I saw it.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Your own home spray booth? "Weeloaney West Coast Customs"
Still, fair play if you can do it. I'm crap at spraying so it would be no use to me anyway but I'd still love a spray booth.
I recall seeing one forsale somewhere for around £3k, must have a look on gumtree or donedeal, cant remember where I saw it.
Have to put a pit/hole in the floor for the air extraction and a pipe leading out side to where the fans and heater will be. So the pipe has to be in before the foundations hence the need to know where to put stuff now lol.

I'll probably make my own frame and actual booth and get the fans and heating system 2nd hand.

Proper fans and heating system won't be got for a good while but need to plan for this stuff now.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Would extraction systems fall under that @weeloaney? Ideally we need a new spraybooth, our current one was hand built about 15 years ago and it's showing its age. Do you ever get visits from health & safety?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Would extraction systems fall under that @weeloaney? Ideally we need a new spraybooth, our current one was hand built about 15 years ago and it's showing its age. Do you ever get visits from health & safety?
Really not sure, haven't looked into at all yet TBH.

At work we never seem too or environmental protection agency which is odd for a bodyshop.

Definitely would pass the latter in certain areas lol.

Dads business went for nearly 50 years without any health and safety coming out and he's been busted twice in the last 4 years.

Dads business is at home and this new shed is going to be on the same site and it's likely I will at some point.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Shame that RHI scheme is shut....
No word of a lie I was thinking that last night lol.

I would have probably looked into it to heat the new garage and maybe the spray booth if it could be worked for that. All with in reason of course I would be interested in cheap heating not making money from it. Something too good will always come to a bad end, and didn't it just.