2017 Nissan GTR Prestige - Storm White

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
The M4 was absolutely fantastic, but I honestly wouldn't be bothering with spacers etc here. It's perfect as it sits.
Spacers are not in my plans for now. I don't think the car needs them but it's always subjective. There have been some issues I've read with spacers as well overhating/failing on R35s (just reading through Google/GTR forums) in general they're cheap Chinese replica spacers but you get the picture. Not worth the risk for something I don't think the car needs.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
When you start buying cars such as this or similar ... offsets/geometry are all planned out to necessity, it just doesn't happen by mistake, so id agree with you on not changing it up.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
The wheels in real life sit perfect. I wouldn't say that it needs them. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
When you start buying cars such as this or similar ... offsets/geometry are all planned out to necessity, it just doesn't happen by mistake, so id agree with you on not changing it up.

I just re-read this and realised if it was me ... I'd be the idiot who probably would add spacers lol So take no notice of me :p

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
@Tufty thank you sir - the man to praise here is @Reno_LV - his attention to detail is amazing. We're planning a lot more shots to come. We just need some weather to be on our side ;)

@ChrisL LOL I like that, agree and disagree in two posts of each other :grinning: The interesting thing is the optimisation service is mainly focused on the suspension ie; they carry out camber & wheel adjustment as part of it and the manual itself states most of the running in is for suspension stroke. It's going in for that this week and we will see how it feels.

Having been looking more and more at Litchfield and others in regards to tuning/mapping ... I just don't think the car needs it. It's a highly capable car out of the box and if there's any reason for me to need more than 570BHP I've yet to find it :party: plus let's be honest... I don't fancy trying to get a warranty claim for remaps etc. Litchfield won't warranty me as I am not in mainland UK :worried: but that being said I don't honestly think power is a concern of mine. My priority is some more noise and that's coming in the next month or so :p

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@Tufty thank you sir - the man to praise here is @Reno_LV - his attention to detail is amazing. We're planning a lot more shots to come. We just need some weather to be on our side ;)

@ChrisL LOL I like that, agree and disagree in two posts of each other :grinning: The interesting thing is the optimisation service is mainly focused on the suspension ie; they carry out camber & wheel adjustment as part of it and the manual itself states most of the running in is for suspension stroke. It's going in for that this week and we will see how it feels.

Having been looking more and more at Litchfield and others in regards to tuning/mapping ... I just don't think the car needs it. It's a highly capable car out of the box and if there's any reason for me to need more than 570BHP I've yet to find it :party: plus let's be honest... I don't fancy trying to get a warranty claim for remaps etc. Litchfield won't warranty me as I am not in mainland UK :worried: but that being said I don't honestly think power is a concern of mine. My priority is some more noise and that's coming in the next month or so :p

Thats an insight into my car life, consistently battling with the other guy on my shoulder lol

Y pipe I presume is on its way ... are you changing the stock system also?

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia

Thats good to hear, its the only thing I can say I don't like on the car.

Those exhausts, huge but with a (in relation to the outer part) tiny actual exhaust looks silly to me.

Manufacturers have done some dumb stuff with their exhausts lately.

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Thats good to hear, its the only thing I can say I don't like on the car.

Those exhausts, huge but with a (in relation to the outer part) tiny actual exhaust looks silly to me.

Manufacturers have done some dumb stuff with their exhausts lately.
I actually said exact same thing yesterday! I am sure it will have a proper one on soon!

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
It was a mixture of ambient, strobe to kill reflections and light painting! Thanks @Sonny. I suck at editing, so hardest work is to get it right in the camera.

warren

RMS Photographer
@Reno_LV Thats just incredible.

1 more question..... what sort of lubriciously low F stop lens that I cant afford is this?

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Y-Pipe isn't quite on it's way. There are several different manufactures, sizes and other options so I am trying to figure out which would work best. As for the whole exhaust system... I'm really in no rush to change. It's a full titanium valvetronic exhaust system out of the box but from the reading/research I've been doing it's a fairly restrictive system so a y-pipe and new exhaust would result in some gains for sure.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.