18 year old insurance premium

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sideskirt

RMS Member
when i am 18 i'd like a nova 1.4 sr. i was wondering how much this would cost garaged in a low crime area for someone who'd held thier test one year with no previous car? failing that, what could i insure for relatively cheap?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
MY GOD WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ****ING THREADS ABOUT INSURANCE!!!!

the answer is always gonna be go and check yourself, everyone is different

Dermot

sideskirt said:
when i am 18 i'd like a nova 1.4 sr. i was wondering how much this would cost garaged in a low crime area for someone who'd held thier test one year with no previous car? failing that, what could i insure for relatively cheap?

A mate just got a quote of Quinn Direct for an SR nova (There usually the cheapest) £3,300

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
yep ur lookin' at about 2500-3000, it varies a lot on people though so get out the yellow pages and start phoning around.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Suggestion - 1.1 AX Group 2/3

Get a years no claims and save for something else better, will get you from a to b and then it will not only give you a year on the road in experience, a years no claims to bring down your premium, but by then hopefully you will also have enough sense after a year to not purchase a Nova.

:grinning:

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
yeah mate, ur gonna have to settle for a pile of ***** for the next 2 years at least.

my insurance is £2300 on a 1.1 Fiesta. Im 18 with no NCB, it'll pay off in the long run theoretically, only if you dont crash into someone!

1.2 Nova insurance shud be about £2000-2500, just do a replica. they all sound the same anyway!

Im insured with quinn direct btw.

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
wtf, where do you ppl live;
last year I inquired about insurance in my own name for a group 11 car(my xsara) and was quoted at the lowest £1600 for fully comp and was 18 @ the time. thought that was too much to pay so put it though my mums name for £850, this year transferred to my own name fully comp with 1 years NCB for £980 with Northern bank!!!

I may live in the arsehole of nowhere but at least i've cheap insurance :grinning:

maniac

youd be wiser to get a car with as low an insurance grp as possible and get at least one years NCB,preferably a couple of years. then get what you want. get a corsa or saxo or something in a low group

Emmy

yeh i heard northern bank were quite cheap, wonder do they cover mods or have any restrictions on the type of car, i might try them when i renew my ins in november.

Dermot

sideskirt said:
cheers i may settle for less.

Ur balls... Dont quit so Easy ;) Theres other ways of getting insurance Legally and Illegally for less... Do you know anyone that lives in England? If yes then use there address for insurance and First time on a 1.4 SR nova will be less than £1000... Or if you go a fiat panda or an AX here you'll be payin around £2000 for your first years cover... It just isnt worth it!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.