WRC 2016 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
I don't think Kubica will be in WRC next year BUT I hope I'm wrong

Just the way he was speaking after the power stage, and saying how the privates can't compete with the works teams

I would love to see him back again (y)

Cess

RMS Staff
Kubica isn't stupid. There's no point continuing to compete with his own team when he isn't getting any sort of results and isn't getting better. I think he'll throw the towel in and go back to circuit racing and let somebody else pay the bills and run the operation.

Cess

RMS Staff
I don't think the DS3 is a weak car. More that VW throw massive amounts of money at developing and testing. Also think it's unfair the way Meeke & Nagle seem(ed) to be on a permanent probation. Always having to justify the seat.

One thing that worries me about Hyundai is that they dumped Neuville pretty ruthlessly, although he did bring an element of that on himself.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
citroen decided to support lord loeb with millions and neglected the main advertising board for their brand IMHO

they put this monetary pressure onto the drivers which wasnt the right thing to do.

i know the hyndai has had its teething issues but i feel next years car will be a VW matcher with the right driver, TN hasn't been great and Sordo is maybe just starting to loose his edge ?

Cess

RMS Staff
Sordo has decent financial backing and is a steady driver and team player. Paddon is definitely one of Hyundai's main priorities and as a result, I think Neuville is a goner. He doesn't even test the car any more.

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
3 vws drivers confirmed
Sordo paddon main Hyundai + meeke in the 3rd car if not with Citroen
Citroen : levebre + meeke or ostberg
Ford as this year .

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
VW - Ogier, Latvalla, Mikkleson
Hyundai - Meeke, Sordo
Citroen - Ostberg, Neuville
Ford - Evans, Paddon

Cess

RMS Staff
Paddon and Mikklesen are the only 2 drivers who have stated publically that they have contracts to 2017. So Paddon will definitely be driving for Hyundai.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
meeke and sordo swap places then ?

ill be surprised if tanak has a seat unless he is funding his seat

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
I forgot Neuville in my predictions , he will end up at Citroen or stay Hyundai , ford have no money to bring him there . Tanak has pace and will come good .

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
VW are already developing their 2017 spec Polo with Marcus Gronholm doing the driving.

They aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
That's true but I don't see any other manufacturers running a test mule with a view to 2017.

Sam.

RMS Regular
Silly season well under way. M-Sport rumoured to run a B-team with Lorenzo Bertelli.

And as it's this time of the year... where will Solberg be for 2016? :party: Probably in RX although he wants to do Sweden in a "top" WRC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I see his RX car is for sale. Has he a new one being built?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Could Solberg bring a major sponsor to M-Sport as i know Malcolm said in wales they need a major one for next year

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.