Team Driftshed Go From Zero To Hero

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: On Saturday I traveled into the hills above Broughshane to catch up with local drift driver Mark McBurney of Team Driftshed, who at the age of just 24 has achieved something, that as far as we are aware, no one else has achieved in the Irish drift scene before now.

Mark first got into drifting when his Brother Phil bought an iconic Toyota Corolla AE86 Coupe a few years ago and gave Mark a drive in it, from there Mark was hooked on rear wheel drive and set about finding something for himself to enjoy.

A Nissan 180sx was to be the chosen steed for a young McBurney and his foray into drifting started some four years ago with practice sessions held at a circuit in Aghadowey. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

PAULW

RMS Regular
Was at Japfest for the IDC Final a few weeks ago with @Karlos Da Jackle . Great performance from Mark and great bunch of guys answering my questions and letting look at the details on the car. Nice to see them getting some publicity!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Great to see someone doing well with no huge financial backing that has appeared in drifting, blank chequebook material recently more so.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Great to see someone doing well with no huge financial backing that has appeared in drifting, blank chequebook material recently more so.
Mark is now on the lookout for sponsorship as thus far he is more or less self funded with massive hands on help from the team of lads just, so if there are any business men in here there is a fantastic opportunity to get guarantee'd publicity via Mark and his IDC campaign...

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Great group of hallions.

Mark took me out a rip a good few years back in his 180sx. Holy crap, the man's an absolute pilot.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Great group of hallions.

Mark took me out a rip a good few years back in his 180sx. Holy crap, the man's an absolute pilot.
Lol aye, I've known Rodney for well over a decade now, good craic

ashloys

RMS Regular
Drives
MK4 Supra/Polo
Brilliant to see him doing so well, even seeing him competing in NI drift series a couple of years ago you knew he was someone to look out for.

For anyone who hasn't went to IDC to watch, definitely get to at least one round at Mondello next year. It's UNREAL.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
The Drifting in Ireland has came on so much in the past few years and we now have some of the best drivers and Drift cars in the world

If you are into cars and Motorsport then in my opinion you need to take the trip down and watch a round at Mondello. We have been to all the Mondello rounds this year and it never disappoints!!

Well done to the Drift Shed team... Marks driving was top notch all year!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
It's great to see the crowd get properly behind the event at mondello.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.