2016 ZX10R KRT

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Hel

RMS Regular
Gave in to the itch and got a bike in Dubai :grinning:

Being tax free it works out alot cheaper to buy bikers here so for the first time bought brand new from the dealers with a little discount for "being from the same place as J Rea!" ahaha.

Took it a test ride and loved it. All the power is up top though so a bit of a change from the blade and it still feels really soft with road gearing, standard throttle length and lack of breather mods. I was spoiled with the race blade!

ZX10 comes with alot of toys that meant it was pretty close to a race bike though with the suspension, brembo M50's, quick shifter and electronics like ive never seen.. KIBS, KEBS, KTRC, KQS... etc! Will take some time to learn them all. Still running it in atm then aiming for Yas Island in a months time if all lines up :grinning:

Mods to come? Err.. exhaust, rear sets, big screen, tail tidy..... race fairings? Maybe.

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
id be terrified!! Are the roads not really dusty / sandy 24/7?
beautiful bike all the same. HTR

Hel

RMS Regular
OP
H
They are a bit but so far grip seems grand. Depends where you ride and if its good enough to race at losail then I'm sure it's not the worst. Heat in the tyres helps and there's no shortage of that!

warren

RMS Photographer
Looks outstanding. And you might even be able to ride it in the dry and stuff being in Dubai :laughing:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Beastly bike. I'm surprised to hear it's a bit 'soft'. Having sat on one recently, I thought the suspension felt quite firm. I ride with a stiffer suspension that say, Stevie C, but that's just personal preference. I thought the forks in the ZX10 'felt' like my Ohlins in the CBR (at stand still). I might be reading you wrong, and maybe you're not talking about the suspension, just the overall characteristics of the bike being a bit 'soft'.

Brian's older ZX10 had some sort of mad traction control thing in his bike. Made wheelies and rear wheel sliding all but impossible. Thought it was the KEMS needed dialed back a bit, but I seem to remember he had some sort of Power Commander alternative that might have been doing it too.

Health to ride Pete, I'm sure you'll not regret the purchase.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

RMS Regular
OP
H
Beastly bike. I'm surprised to hear it's a bit 'soft'. Having sat on one recently, I thought the suspension felt quite firm. I ride with a stiffer suspension that say, Stevie C, but that's just personal preference. I thought the forks in the ZX10 'felt' like my Ohlins in the CBR (at stand still). I might be reading you wrong, and maybe you're not talking about the suspension, just the overall characteristics of the bike being a bit 'soft'.

Brian's older ZX10 had some sort of mad traction control thing in his bike. Made wheelies and rear wheel sliding all but impossible. Thought it was the KEMS needed dialed back a bit, but I seem to remember he had some sort of Power Commander alternative that might have been doing it too.

Health to ride Pete, I'm sure you'll not regret the purchase.

Yeah I mean soft in the whole bike just not being as mean or sharp compared to the blade but it had alot of work done so its nothing against the kwak at all. Im genuinely very impressed with it considering all it has done is come out of a crate and go. The suspension isnt as hard feeling as the ktech I had but then that might also be the tyres as the dunlop slicks don't flex much either and the bridgestones are a bit of an unknown to me! Seem grippy but havent had them pinned as im only breaking in still. I havent touched the suspension either yet to slack off some dampening hehe.

The gearing is really long in standard trim and itll need some changes made to be honest, im used to a much more aggressive pick up but it sure comes in later in the range if the test ride bike was anything to judge by. All in all quite an easy bike to ride actually. Electronic steering damper is still something im not used to, so so light at low speed. Suppose its a good thing but Ive just never had that on any bike ive owned. Maybe it can be flashed - apparently the ECU's are quite open on them.

For now im just gonna ride the bloody thing while I decide what exhaust I want. Akra seems to be the choice so far. Removing the exhaust valve and servo nevermind the big euro4 cat will make some difference before anything else needs done. Also I need some pro grips + stomp grips hehe

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
but it had alot of work done

There it is. I'd never say a CBR would be seen as 'sharp' out of the crate. I think you were probably a bit spoilt with the CBR. Do he same mods to the 10R and you'll see a totally different bike.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.