206 Fog lights and MOT

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
Ok i was told if u have fogs they need to be workin to pass but if i get a Sports bumper with the holes for the Fogs and havent installed them yet wud this pass ?or wud i have to mess the holes over for the test any advice plz

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
The car should be ok.

I disconnected the driving lights on my Pug 205 last year and it passed. There's only a problem if one comes on and the other doesn't.

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
as fogs are an optional extra on some cars if there not there just two empty holes they wont pass any regards, but if they are fitted and not connected they will fail it because if a light is fitted to a vechile it must work, and the mot man told me this himself as he failed my xr2i look a like.

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
JayT said:
if they are fitted and not connected they will fail it because if a light is fitted to a vechile it must work

My 205 passed with the driving lights disconnected. Probably depends on the mood of the examiner.

Red Head

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Le Mans
Bottom of the range 206's pass with a bumper containing no fog lights, so shouldnt matter about front fogs, just the rear is vital me finks

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.