4" Pads in Belfast Area

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
Anyone know where I can get 4" pads for a PC/Rotary in the Belfast area. I work on Airport Road West so need somewhere close so I can pop out at lunchtime to get them as I need them for tomorrow night.

Also has anyone ever buffed a Red Vauxhall before, im doing a 05 Vectra at minute and only have front and rear bumpers and side skirts to do but having real bother, only really getting 50% correction after hitting it 2 or 3 times with buff. Have tried Meguiar soft and hard pads, Menzerna hard and soft pads all to no great effect. Am using Menzerna 203 and 3.02 with them. Anyone know a good polish and pad combo that might work as the bumpers are really letting down the rest of the car :worried:

Ruth

RMS Regular
If 3.02 isnt fixing it then im not sure what will. Assume all plastics have been sprayed?? I would be patient with the menzerna and go slow, is it possible the marks are under the clear? Had this happen with quite a few sprayed panels lately

paulmc08

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra B 2.2Dti
i recently done a bright red A4,pic's on here,using Meg's #85 on a cutting pad for some spot repair's then #83 using a medium/firm pad for the rest of car,and refined with #80 and it came up nicely,although there were some RDS remaining,but it's better to have 90% correction,than to have a 100% re-paint lol

paulmc08

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra B 2.2Dti
sorry,as for the 4" pad's AutoSmart have their own range,but dont know if the pad would be that durable

BangorGav

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra Ateca
Do the newer Red vauxhalls have a clear coat? Just battle on mate, as Ruth said be patient with it! (y) Hope it works out.

Rfg

RMS Regular
Davey at procar is a handy bet. FCP and a compounding pad then you will need to refine it back to get the mark out that u put in correcting the paint.

ally_mac

RMS Regular
OP
ally_mac
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
Yeah it looks like the bumpers and skirts may have been painted as the colour match wouldnt be the greatest. The amount of RDS and swirlls on it was crazy and was shocked when the hard pad and 3.02 struckled to removed them after 2 or 3 passes. Will keep trying but dont want to take too much off and buff through the paint. Is there anywhere closer than Pro Car for 4" pads as I dont think I will have time to go to Davy and back during lunch

Jonto

RMS Regular
Drives
finger up arse
i might have a few 4 inch pads i could sell you if your really stuck

ally_mac

RMS Regular
OP
ally_mac
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
Rang Coachfinish, they don't stock 4" buffing pads, only 6" so thats that plan out the window. Anyone else know of anywhere, if not Jonto I may have to take you up on your offer. I have a soft pad but need a hard pad

Ruth

RMS Regular
Wasn't it Clark from Polished Bliss who used to cut down his old 6" pads when they broke up round the edges and used them as spot pads?? Think i remember reading it once on DW but could be wrong lol.. dont know how it would work

ally_mac

RMS Regular
OP
ally_mac
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
Might have to try something like that as a last ditch attempt as ive rang round quite a few places this morning and no one has 4" pads in stock :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.