4x4 needed

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
X5 and Q7 can do 3500 alright.

Not sure if the X5 can do 3.5T, nor would I want to tow that weight with any BMW!

Land cruisers, defender, discovery, range rovers, Q7 or touareg are the ticket if you wanted to tow heavy kit regularly. Few of the pickups are rated for 3.5T and they're generally pish for towing with as well.

Low miler Disco 3/4 or land cruiser (y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Not sure if the X5 can do 3.5T, nor would I want to tow that weight with any BMW!

Land cruisers, defender, discovery, range rovers, Q7 or touareg are the ticket if you wanted to tow heavy kit regularly. Few of the pickups are rated for 3.5T and they're generally pish for towing with as well.

Low miler Disco 3/4 or land cruiser (y)

According to BMW it can. Looks like it depends on the engine though

Screenshot_20170119-121217.png

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Is that the latest one though? I was looking at previous model so it may have changed. or as you say, parkers could be wrong. Pretty sure I checked them out some time ago when considering a change and there wasn't much bar LR that was rated to 3500kgs.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
"the BMW X5 is designed to flex to your every need" - hopefully not in the same manner as Nissan's interpretation of flexibility....
Nissan-Navarra-chassis13-800-size.jpg

Lol the boy that runs the offroad Ireland Facebook page must have been stung by one of these. Seems to get great pleasure from posting photos of them falling apart like that

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
How far is the boat being towed?

Storage on islandmagee around to larne about 5 mile each way. Once in at Easter and once out at Halloween.
It really is annoying. But you can't depend on someone else to be free to help when your already depending on tide times as the slip is only deep enough a few hours each side of high tide, and also calm weather. Hence he has his own. But it really would make sense to let someone do the launch and retrieve

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Landcruiser colarado isn't rated to 3500kg as far as I can remember. Pretty sure X5 and Q7 will be well below that too.

Yep I did say Landcruiser Amazon (I have a Colorado, though it would handle it, its 2800), X5 diesels from '07 I'm fairly sure are 3500 (first model def wasn't), not 100% on Q7 but I assumed they would be if Touareg is, maybe theyre not all.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Yep I did say Landcruiser Amazon (I have a Colorado, though it would handle it, its 2800), X5 diesels from '07 I'm fairly sure are 3500 (first model def wasn't), not 100% on Q7 but I assumed they would be if Touareg is, maybe theyre not all.
So you did! Im off to specsavers!

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
media.jpg

The Titan edition of the Sorento can tow 3.5t, sourced one last year as a stop gap and ok you notice your towing with it but if its only twice a year would be ok.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
media.jpg

The Titan edition of the Sorento can tow 3.5t, sourced one last year as a stop gap and ok you notice your towing with it but if its only twice a year would be ok.
Not a bad looking yoke, but Mercedes ML looking as you get to the back

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.