92 Sri Astra Estate...looking like a keeper...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
It's been put in and forgot about but il get it pulled forward soon even just to let it 'air' lol

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
IMG_6302.JPG
IMG_6304.JPG
IMG_6305.JPG
IMG_6306.JPG
IMG_6308.JPG
IMG_6310.JPG
Got a chance to get a wash and service in today. Just a wash no polish

Attachments

• IMG_6311.JPG
    IMG_6311.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6312.JPG
    IMG_6312.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 122

purplea4T

RMS Regular
It's great when you come across cars like these - mine has history from day one, last year it went back to Vauxhall at 18 years old for 2 window regulators!
Is it the c20seh donkey in this same as the Cavalier 130's or the 115 NE? Either way, too good to mess around with!

DUB_MK3

RMS Regular
i remember buying one of these for 150 with 7 months tax and 11 months mot.. drove the wheels of it then sold it for what i bought it for. fond memory's of the fun bus.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
i remember buying one of these for 150 with 7 months tax and 11 months mot.. drove the wheels of it then sold it for what i bought it for. fond memory's of the fun bus.

Vauxhall built great cars back then though and the SRI's, GTE's and GSi's were pretty desirable. Most of their cars are built from soap now and I can't think of anything really desirable in their whole range bar the vxr8.

Last edited:

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
It looks to be in fantastic condition.
I didnt realise it was a 2 litre engine. Must be nippy enough .
Also i have a spare gsi front bumper available if your looking one.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
Yeah 2ltr 8v. if I'm doing anything it'll be dropped slightly and might band the steelies just to keep as much of the originality as poss

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
Must have been an aul hand retired mechanic who owned it going by his notes and "use Duckhams" statement! Something my da would always say to me still to this day about Duckhams being a great oil
Yeah I'd say he was goin by my dad when I'd bikes he always said to me to use Castro R cause even the smell took him back to simpler times when even the best of the best didn't cost the earth and still conserved the engines.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
We update just, finally pulled the Astra forward and with great deliberation we decided to pull the engine out and bin it due to the previous owners mechanics apprentice grinding off the head gasket leaving it like the Irish Sea on a choppy day. Got it up and running today so few finishing touches to do then get it cleaned up and stick a years test on it and get it out before the end of the summer.

Attachments

• IMG_1151.JPG
    IMG_1151.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1154.JPG
    IMG_1154.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1157.JPG
    IMG_1157.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 98

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
A derv............not my cuppa at all but its your car looks clean round the bay have an 87 sri astra lying in wait for a resto myself all them c18se c20ne seh ect ect are great on fuel too deserves an seh or xe that car

Last edited:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
The aul Isuzu engines are hard to beat, and he can get a good bit of reek out of it if he screws her up a bit with a straight through exhaust... (y)

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
A derv............not my cuppa at all but its your car looks clean round the bay have an 87 sri astra lying in wait for a resto myself all them c18se c20ne seh ect ect are great on fuel too deserves an seh or xe that car
@Nicky would love it to be derv lol. @martybelfastsri i got another 2ltr 8v. Like for Like

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.