Advanced Driving test

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
according to my dad i have no points on this lisence so i can go ahead anytime with the AD test!

where to do it tho? belfast area would prob be handiest if im up there at uni!

but xmas is coming up so ill be in coleraine

how long does the training/test take?

2fast4u

RMS Regular
Drives
V50, MT-10, MSX
big cyril said:
90 whilst overtaking might be ok with 'Ronnie' but it isn't ok with PSNI - my mate got points for 82 whilst passing a car!

I thought this wrong aswell and when I asked about this he said that because the truck in front was going about 45 and cos it was a single carriageway and in national speed limit that the truck was preventing progress it was "ok" to go above the speed limit when on the wrong side of the road aslong that you returned to with in the speed limit when clear of the danger and back on the proper side of the road. This doesnt apply to dual carriageways.

Think the police was hard on your mate and that he maybe has a case to appeal the points.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
boydie, the training takes as long as it takes for you to be test ready! join the north down one (groomsport) with myself and jason, dont go to lisburn- its a dirty hole.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
ill chat to you in uni about it

i thought u had done your test??

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
IAM thingy made a difference of £11 to my quote on the Scoob, with no difference on the Ibiza. Does this mean that im old and my life is now over??

Martyn

RMS Regular
I have had my IAM test over 10years now...

If you are insured with the lies of elephant etc it makes a huge difference to your quote.

My insurance is just over £500 and it jumps to £800 without the IAM test.

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
I'm doing my Bikesafe thing this summer all being well, a peeler takes you out and you can do an assessment and adds approx 10 percent to your corner speed, read roads properly etc- makes a rider out of you.
Then will probably do the advanced driving thing the summer after that.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
wingnut said:
I'm doing my Bikesafe thing this summer all being well, a peeler takes you out and you can do an assessment and adds approx 10 percent to your corner speed, read roads properly etc- makes a rider out of you.
Then will probably do the advanced driving thing the summer after that.
no it does not lol who told you that?10% extra corner speed, only if you were doing less than the speed limit to start off with!
I did it may and it is just a nice 20mile trip with a peeler behind you, then afterwards he tells you how to improve. Usually involves telling you to look further up the road. It was ok..not life changing and certainly didn't "make a rider out of me" ^o)
PS dont expect any insurance change either

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
You can't do an advanced test if your are still on R plates also incase any of you lot are R drivers.

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
hutchy_belfast said:
no it does not lol who told you that?10% extra corner speed, only if you were doing less than the speed limit to start off with!
I did it may and it is just a nice 20mile trip with a peeler behind you, then afterwards he tells you how to improve. Usually involves telling you to look further up the road. It was ok..not life changing and certainly didn't "make a rider out of me" ^o)
PS dont expect any insurance change either

I was talking to the Advanced guy at the NEC too. I asked if it improved corner speed etc and he said the course generally adds about 10 percent corner speed cause you know how to read the road better etc. Don't care, gonna do it anyway - bikesafe and probably the advanced thing too.

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
why bother do a HGV test and drive about in a truck the whole time, then your the biggest thing on the road and it doesnt matter who you crash in to cause you'll always be ok,

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.