Aftermarket Integration With Oem Screen

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What are the options to integrate an aftermarket kit with an OEM screen, for example that found in a 3 or 5 series?

I thought Alpine used to so something, but I can't fun it on their site.

Is there anything that will utilise the screen and allow it to display track names etc from an iPod?

Or even an aftermarket sat nav unit too?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Does it literally connect to the factory screen? And songs are selected etc via standard buttons?

How much is it and what all actually comes with it?

Looks almost too perfect!?

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
I think the alpine KCE 425i is what your after lyons. They're used a lot with the audi nav plus systems and seem like a very good job

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Not compatible with pre-iDrive BMW models sadly. Looked ideal too!

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Sucks! Might be worth giving audio advice a call and see if they can recommend anything

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just bumping this up. Does anyone have any recent experience of the Intravee II? I know Deezer above and Gaz both had the Intravee in E46's, but I'm wondering if there are newer bits of kit than the KCE 420i, or does it still do the job perfectly? From what I can see online Apline also used to do a DAB module that works too, but again they stopped making this a few years ago.

Perfhaps these both still work 100%, but just wondered if there were newer alternatives.

Dice also seems to be pretty popular on the various forums. Anyone here have it?

Not really sure what I want from it all sadly! I was initially looking a BMW equivalent of the Tune2Air to allow bluetooth streaming and control via the steering wheel buttons, which would also offer audio from TuneIn radio (albeit without control) and Google Maps, but the Intravee option with Alpine Ipod and DAB looks great- the OEM integration on the display is unreal. No option for Google Map audio just!

Last edited:

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Just bumping this up. Does anyone have any recent experience of the Intravee II? I know Deezer above and Gaz both had the Intravee in E46's, but I'm wondering if there are newer bits of kit than the KCE 420i, or does it still do the job perfectly? From what I can see online Apline also used to do a DAB module that works too, but again they stopped making this a few years ago.

Perfhaps these both still work 100%, but just wondered if there were newer alternatives.

Dice also seems to be pretty popular on the various forums. Anyone here have it?

I think the guy who invented the Intravee passed away a few years ago. The was a guy Richard Parkinson who was keeping the support forum alive but no idea what's happening these days.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yup, saw that.

I take it when you had it it was pre Apple Lightning cables?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Yup, saw that.

I take it when you had it it was pre Apple Lightning cables?

Yup, 30 pin connection. I just left an iPod classic in the car in the cubby in the boot. Have a look for my E46 M3 thread for pics. You could probably use a 30 pin to lightning adapter without issue but I'd get the genuine Apple one if you do.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Might be worth speaking to audio advice to see what is current... they've been doing lots of oem integrations for cameras and what not

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.