Alloy Wheel Refurb?

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
hi

want to take this opportunity in thanking alloy wheel repair in h'brough for helping me out this week and doing a really good job in super quick time for me

THUMBS up from me with these guys! :grinning:

PrimO

RMS Regular
I got my Rays Gram Lights done by Nu Luk, they had been lying in a garage for nearly 2 years and were covered in oil and all sorts of crap and the paint was flaking off them all over the place, they were a mess, plus there were quite a few curb marks on all of them. i wanted them as good as new again as theyre a beautiful wheel and were expensive new (although i bought them for pennies) Anyway i wanted the original color and powder coated. Unfortunately i never took a before picture so you could see how bad they were before hand but trust me they were a mess, anyway this is the finished article, i'd say its a better finish than the factory finish! Yes NuLuk are very expensive, i paid £110 per wheel but i basically have a brand new set of wheels now and will be holding onto them for a long time to come.

mugensi-albums-1561-picture21614-gram-light-57s.jpg

Reactions: tim

Danny01

Hi all first post :grinning:, need someone to fix my alloys for me I did a little touch up on them and they looked well just ok, but shortly after the daughter kerbed the passenger front quite badly:mad: so now I need someone to fix it and maybe one more (depends on price) the wheels are black or dark grey not exactly sure but ill upload some photos to let you see the damage, but I live in on the north coast so will need someone near or mobile.

Attachments

• SANY0006.JPG
    SANY0006.JPG
    544.5 KB · Views: 206
  • SANY0007.JPG
    SANY0007.JPG
    567.6 KB · Views: 190
  • SANY0008.JPG
    SANY0008.JPG
    577.5 KB · Views: 214

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Hi all first post :grinning:, need someone to fix my alloys for me I did a little touch up on them and they looked well just ok, but shortly after the daughter kerbed the passenger front quite badly:mad: so now I need someone to fix it and maybe one more (depends on price) the wheels are black or dark grey not exactly sure but ill upload some photos to let you see the damage, but I live in on the north coast so will need someone near or mobile.

There are mobile places that will refinish the outer surface. No idea how good they are as never used them. But they usually do a sameday job.

No matter who does a repair for you, they will end up a different colour. So it's best to either do all 4, or at least 2 on the same side.

NuLuk in Carrickfergus do a collect/delivery service and their work is second to none. Obviously that will take a few days though, and price can vary, but certainly not cheap. But it will be a first class job.

Reactions: tim

tim

RMS Regular

Was speaking with Nu-luk today & got quoted.... £90 - £110 per wheel 8-(
Alloy Wheel Repair Belfast
I can buy a new rim for £100 :party:
The quality of factory painted wheels are shocking. I haven't seen an OEM wheel yet were the backs of the wheel are painted correctly never mind the rest of the wheel.

Personally I take my wheels seriously, and if they need repaired I want them done right so thats why I choose Nuluk.

But if you want to pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
After giving my wheels a really good scrub today, I may well give the astra a weeks holiday to get the wheels done right sometime before the year is out...

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
varies budy but worth a shout , il ask jason for you if you want

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
The quality of factory painted wheels are shocking. I haven't seen an OEM wheel yet were the backs of the wheel are painted correctly never mind the rest of the wheel.

Personally I take my wheels seriously, and if they need repaired I want them done right so thats why I choose Nuluk.

But if you want to pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Couldnt agree more. Nu Luk did an absolutely fantastic job on my Cupra wheels. Colour I wanted with a 1st class finish.

Ive paid buttons in the past for wheel refurbs and they have always been average. One in particular rolled a freshly refurbed wheel, of mine, along the concrete to me to put in the boot of my car :eek: ... So needless to say I dont mind paying that bit extra now.

Tyre_Man

RMS Regular
theres a guy who powder coated a set for me for 100 quid he wasnt bad at all, his number is 00353 86 358 8524

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
Friend in work bought these rims for his Audi A4. They're in good shape apart from some slight kerb damage.

Would the whole wheel need refurbished, or just the damaged area repaired?

Remember watching that rags to riches program, and a mobile alloy repair guy came out to repair rims. Take it there's nothing similar in Northern Ireland?

Cheers
J

Attachments

• P1050340.jpg
    P1050340.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 161
  • P1050342.jpg
    P1050342.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 148

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives