American Amps

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
ive stumbled upon a few bargains on ebay in america, in the form of alpine mrd m301's. now, i know they have ntsc, and all that jazz, but would there be anything different concerning their amps? surely its just a case of connecting all the terminals up to the standard jacks, no matter what country you're in? or is there some sort of internal power (i mean battery power) on the usa examples??

:grinning:

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
everything is identical.

You can have problems with FM tuners (different FM step size) and video products (with NTSC, as you mentioned) but amps, speakers and signal processors are all universal - thanks to the good old 6 cell lead acid battery, internationally adopted by the car industry.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
now, in the spec it said something about 8v power in put??

ewok

RMS Regular
dont worrie lyons they are all the same i have had amps and other stuff from the states its class and cheap

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
oh my, this is truely excellent news!! thanken you both!

ewok, MRD M301 is £83 (plus p+p etc) on ebay. cheapest here is £190 on caruadiodirect. such a treat. you bought from ebay, or just america in general?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
see, i was thinking this. what sort of custom charges are there?

whats this about getting them to state its a gift, too?

ewok

RMS Regular
both lyons was over and took stuff back discarded boxes and plastic wrapper was ok and ebay at the minute there is a alpine tv/dvd head unit on it for $1000 just over 500 quid here it is 1250 quid if its new tell the person you are buying it off to get rid of the box so they think its second hand no duty i wanted to bring back jl w7s but there too big and heavy every time i go over it only teases me [rip off uk] just to sicken you more my aunt is shipping a container home from newyork after 20 years there and i have a few goodies in it too eg 54"rear projection tv and a couple of laptops and other stuff

will

RMS Regular
nah the gift thing usually wont work afaik, i got an alpine cd player, price around £200, customs charge was £50, not sure how the customs guys work out the amount.

one things for sure if there is any charge it'll be you who pays for it the seller will never contribute!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
lol!! you rascal! whens this container due? :roll:

ive been keeping an eye on the alpine tv's too! TME 790 motorised monitor isnt sold here at all. curse the UK and its extravagent charges.

so if he discards box, and wraps it up, it'll be custom free? how would customs know what it was anyway, if boxed??

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
i emailed him earlier and he replied there, and actually mentioned the gift idea himself.

ill see what materialises of it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.