Any recommendations on car, engineering related books?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
fancy something regarding the engineering of particular cars, something in detail.

Anything worth getting?

Cheers

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
If you want to really expand your mind to the possibilities of engine tuning, then I highly recommend 'Four-Stroke Performance Tuning' by A. Graham Bell. The level of engineering detail in this book, written over 25 years ago is mind blowing.
Although electrical engineering has vastly moved on, the mechanical engineering largely remains the same. Some of the engineering terms in it are actually quite complex and can be difficult to follow if you don't have a hint of engineering knowledge though.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Something that might be of interest are the technical articles published by Stewart Sanderson. Most are roughly 3-4 pages (book sized and designed for reading in magazine form) but there are a few that are written in series so are a bit longer. They cover everything from compression and air / fuel ratios through to mapping and rolling roads.

Just an option (y)

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
What are you trying to learn and read about?

Engines - Fundamentals of IC Engines by Heywood
Tuning - Design and simulation of four stroke engines by GP Blair

There are however loads of papers etc depending on what you are trying to do

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Race and Rally car sourcebook was one of the classic reads for chassis and handling basics.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
If you want to really expand your mind to the possibilities of engine tuning, then I highly recommend 'Four-Stroke Performance Tuning' by A. Graham Bell. The level of engineering detail in this book, written over 25 years ago is mind blowing.
Although electrical engineering has vastly moved on, the mechanical engineering largely remains the same. Some of the engineering terms in it are actually quite complex and can be difficult to follow if you don't have a hint of engineering knowledge though.

100% I have it on my desk in work.

As part of the same series, there is also one on ECU Tuning.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.