Anyone a member of Ni-Bikers Forum?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
god there must be enough of us in the country to have somewhere to go chat on the internet surly+o(

I agree, but like most forums, they cost time and money to run. In NI Bikers case, I think Ryan only ever asked once for donations to help run the site, other than that he funded it himself. I'll have a chat with him and see if he's happy if I continued to use the NI Bikers name and possibly get the forum back up and running. Unfortunately for me, my time is very restricted at the minute. I'm about to start a major extension on the house that will take about 6-9 months to complete and my wife is 5 months pregnant but I'll hopefully sort something out in the gaps/free time I get.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
I agree, but like most forums, they cost time and money to run. In NI Bikers case, I think Ryan only ever asked once for donations to help run the site, other than that he funded it himself. I'll have a chat with him and see if he's happy if I continued to use the NI Bikers name and possibly get the forum back up and running. Unfortunately for me, my time is very restricted at the minute. I'm about to start a major extension on the house that will take about 6-9 months to complete and my wife is 5 months pregnant but I'll hopefully sort something out in the gaps/free time I get.

happy days.. surely between a few of us it could be got up and running again?

Jnorv

Another one from NIB. Hadn't posted much lately but checked in every day to see what was new and to keep up to speed on all the racing info.

NotKG

Banned
checking in, didn't help it, i remember there was like 3k members, and the stats on some link on the site only showed something like 54 regular users, and i was one.
fkn hate lurkers lol

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
This place is for cars

I'm not even a biker but I actually enjoy reading about them. There is a motorbike section on here already I don't see why anyone would be against expanding it. There has been a few runs out as well afaik. @ferrett I think organised at least one coast run.

There might be some merit in sub dividing the 'motorbike chat' section to seperate it out a bit to reflect what the bikers were used to on Ni-bikers. I'm sure @Cooper would facilitate that if there is agreement on the subdivisions.

It can only benefit the forum, we all share the road, why can't we share this wee space on the internetz.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
I'm not even a biker but I actually enjoy reading about them. There is a motorbike section on here already I don't see why anyone would be against expanding it. There has been a few runs out as well afaik. @ferrett I think organised at least one coast run.

There might be some merit in sub dividing the 'motorbike chat' section to seperate it out a bit to reflect what the bikers were used to on Ni-bikers. I'm sure @Cooper would facilitate that if there is agreement on the subdivisions.

It can only benefit the forum, we all share the road, why can't we share this wee space on the internetz.

that would be a help for sure... even a few different sections for the likes of general chat. racing/track days. for sale/wants section.technical, members bikes/mods that kinda idea??

Reactions: wes

Sharkman

RMS Regular
Drives
Stick
Good to see a few guys joining up. Expanding the bike section would be great, a project section/ members bikes section would be class.

NotKG

Banned
i thought a 2 stroke was a reallymeansound too.
so if everyone wants NIB back, you need a free proboards forum and enough room for 50-60 people. where is that sarcasm emoji?:p lol
and what bit do you want back, the 2nd or 3rd year full of real riders,,,, or the last year full of ,.......... pah! what would i know, i wasn't there :laughing:
doesn't think it needs to go all nib in here either. i think times have just changed and its all bakebook.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
If there is the interest I have no problem in creating subforums for bike specific stuff :grinning:

happy days , i think given a bit of time for folk to find there way here theirs enough interest to have a few different sections? . as somebody has said ok we ride bikes but we also own cars. well mines a **** car but its still a car of sorts lol

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Another one who's found his way here. lol
Sad to see NIB go and can't add much to whats already been said before.
Still.....onwards and upwards.

Reactions: wes
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.