Anyone From Larne

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
Yea, was worried about the theory holding things up in case I failed but got lucky enough. It’s harder than I remember lol

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
That’s horrible, thinking more the night before being nervous enough the first time before the test and then it gets cancelled :mad: have you book in again? Do they put you to the front of the queue kind of thing?

I was suppose to be out this morning myself doing off road training and it was cancelled, that was bad enough I booked it off work as well :pensive:

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
Nevermind the test, buy a bike :laughing:

Well I would but I still can’t pick which one I want lol I fancy something naked style which would be the best?

I like these but it’s a bit rich to sit in the garage for months on end in the winter.

Attachments

• C4F4D74E-5612-4D7D-B250-1C23D7131731.png
    C4F4D74E-5612-4D7D-B250-1C23D7131731.png
    443.5 KB · Views: 78

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
I'll assume you'd be financing the GSR, so for talks sake - for a cash in hand sale what would your budget be?

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
Cash in hand talking about 2.5k although I’m scared of cowboys catching me out, got caught with a Saab 2 Years ago that I had to put an engine and a turbo into so want something that’s been well looked after lol

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
That’s horrible, thinking more the night before being nervous enough the first time before the test and then it gets cancelled :mad: have you book in again? Do they put you to the front of the queue kind of thing?

I was suppose to be out this morning myself doing off road training and it was cancelled, that was bad enough I booked it off work as well :pensive:

they put you to the end of the que basically the next available date - but i gave off stink on the phone cause their wasnt any on the track and long behold Wednesday morning it was clear and by the time it was me up - the track was bone dry (only know cause my mate works in the MOT Centre)

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
What would you suggest at that money? If I need to stretch the budget I will but I’m suppose to be looking at houses this year :worried:
Nakeds: SV, ER6, Fazer, Bandit, Hornet

Faired: R6, Thundercat, ZX6, CBR, GSXR

+more can be had

warren

RMS Photographer
For a first bike defo get something thats not a supersports. Its not that they are hard to ride or anything, you just go through a Jeremey Clarkson POWERRRRRRRR phase when you first get on the bike and its best to not have loads of bhp at this point. Its very, very easy to end up at corners way faster than you expect lol

warren

RMS Photographer
I’d have that SV in a heartbeat. Use spare money for an exhaust lol

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
The stock can is awful looking but handy fixed with a grinder and a new one :joy:

This is huuuge but it's loud enough without cutting it +o(

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
Really like that Fz6, one of from the bottom of your links. Really like naked or supersport there’s no real in between with me lol thanks for the links. Although I think the thought of having it sitting in the garage and me without a test would be hard for me lol

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
They're bonkers for a naked 600, it's an R6 engine tuned for midrange so it's still putting out as good as 100HP... I regretted selling mine the minute I had the money in hand :worried:

Sold it to buy a car FFS :joy:

warren

RMS Photographer
Really like that Fz6, one of from the bottom of your links. Really like naked or supersport there’s no real in between with me lol thanks for the links. Although I think the thought of having it sitting in the garage and me without a test would be hard for me lol

You can clean it and look at it, then have a few beers and go out and look at it again etc. At least that’s what I do all winter lmao

presto

RMS Member
Well spring hopefully isn't far away and I've got a replacement for my Multistrada 1000. Another twin but this time from Germany. Picked it up in Nottingham and rode home via scotch corner and onto cairnryan. Must admit it was rather nice getting off the ferry in Larne and being home in 5 mins!
IMG-20180316-WA0000.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.