Audi A4 2002 injector trouble?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
put the Audi on vagcom ( vcds ) as car was a little rumbly

Miss fire cylinder 4

I googled An found the main problem seen to lie in the rocker cover were the injector loom lives an can cause problems with oil An heat

I have the loom out an going to test very soon

Wondering if anyone else could cause the slight misfire cylinder 4

McFall1984

RMS Regular
OP
McFall1984
Drives
To many cars
Try the loom first lad,its common on them
Around £50 new,had the same problem with a Touran a few weeks ago

Aye I've the loom out
Seen a vid on YouTube about checking resistance. Have the multimeter an all here so I'll get a chance after an take a look an it. Clean an check the pins. I've an abs sensor to fit anyway to the rear so wanna try get back on all fours An take it a run to see how it's driving

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
At least ye don't need a puller to remove pd injectors, speaking of injector pullers... Must get that BMW one back of ye before I forget who I lent it to ;)

Last edited:

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Aye I've the loom out
Seen a vid on YouTube about checking resistance. Have the multimeter an all here so I'll get a chance after an take a look an it. Clean an check the pins. I've an abs sensor to fit anyway to the rear so wanna try get back on all fours An take it a run to see how it's driving

Hard to check the loom though,the problem is when it heats up

McFall1984

RMS Regular
OP
McFall1984
Drives
To many cars
Hard to check the loom though,the problem is when it heats up

Aye how can I read it using vcds?
It runs good just the rumble is annoying

Fitted a new abs sensor but problem still there, may need a new rear bearing with abs ring

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Don't think there's a way to check the loom with vcds,it'll just give a misfire fault
Check the camshaft for wear as well

McFall1984

RMS Regular
OP
McFall1984
Drives
To many cars
Aye read that not using the right oil it can do bits of damage to different parts :confounded:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Yeah, usually a loom will cure it. You may need to bend the wee track that the loom is clipped to, to get it into the back of the head, but just go easy on it and it'll be grand.

The cam lobes are what run the injectors, so if they're rounded off or badly wore it was cause poor running, massively increased fuel usage, noisy running and lack of power. They aren't expensive to buy, though it will involve removing the timing belt so you'd be as well fitting a belt kit and water pump while you're at it. I would personally only use genuine parts for the belt kit and water pump, but you'll get a cam with new shell bearings and hydraulic lifters from plenty of English companies and maybe even OD Cars or Powermax for around £120.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.